“Great BBQ and friendly service, don't pass it by.”
Review of Sweeney's Pit Bar Bq & Ctrng - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sweeney's Pit Bar Bq & Ctrng
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Sweeney's BBQ is a small place we drove by a couple of times as we were traveling from our hotel to the Chattanooga Convention Center. Being BBQ lovers we decided to stop for lunch. The parking lot was easy to access and had plenty of parking. The restaurant is a small log cabin and has a nice home feel to it. As soon as we walked in we were greeted by smiling faces ready to serve us. We had a party of seven and while we were ordering our food a server was was putting tables together for us so we could sit as a group. We ordered a variety of foods, all of which I was told were good. Personally, I am a pulled pork fan so I ordered a pulled pork sandwich and fries. The sandwich was awesome and full of meet. The fries had a tasty unique seasoning and were very fresh. You could drive right by this restaurant if you are not paying attention since it is not very large. If you are a BBQ fan this is a great place to eat. We will eat here again she we return to the area.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I eat at Sweeneys several times a year, sometimes several weeks in a row. It's by far the best meal option for barbecue lovers coming off Lookout Mtn and in the area. The pulled pork is wonderful as are the ribs and sides. Their slaw is tasty, BBQ salads are enough for two and the specials are worth asking about. I'm partial to their Shrimp Po Boy when they add that to the menu for a day or two when they have fresh gulf shrimp.

The restaurant is in a rustic log cabin with walk to the counter ordering. The menu is written on chalk boards but easy to navigate. There is plenty of seating, TV's with sports and news. When you place your order you're handed your drink and you find a table. In a few minutes a nice young lady will bring your plate which is overflowing with good eats.

1  Thank ChefWhitaker
Reviewed June 26, 2009

This has to be one of my favourite barbecue rib experiences. These ribs are to die for. The staff are lovely, very friendly. The portions are generous and the surroundings are rustic. Loved it. If I ever go back to Chatanooga this will be my first port of call at scran time. Go there and try them yourselves. You will not be disappointed.