“Best place in Chattanooga”
Review of Acropolis

Acropolis
Ranked #19 of 836 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: .
Mineral Bluff, GA
“Best place in Chattanooga”
Reviewed August 20, 2007

I've been to The Acropolis more times than I can count, and I've honestly never been let down. I'm surprised that anyone has had an issue with the wait time, as I've never had to wait for a table, even on a Friday or Saturday night. The portions have always been quite large, and the desserts are absolutely phenomenal. Make sure to try the baklava cheesecake, it's to die for.

2 Thank glamrocker3000

Ringgold, Georgia
“my favorite greek american restaurant”
Reviewed June 7, 2007

4 things you must get at the Acropolis:
Fruit Tea
House Salad
Greek Spaghetti
Strawberry Patch Cake

The Acropolis is one of my favorite restaurants. Everytime I am in town, I go at least twice. Try to antipasti plate - you'll get a great sampling of all of the greek specialities on the menu. Save room for dessert - at the Acropolis, they are homemade and AWESOME!

1 Thank afiddler
Memphis, TN
“Good but nothing special”
Reviewed May 15, 2007

My husband and I went to the Acropolis on Mother's Day so we had to wait over an hour before we were seated. Clearly the restaurant is a local favorite as the place was packed! I had the dolmathakia while my husband had the shrimp scampi. First we were slightly disappointed by the portion size in relation to the price. There were 8 shrimp in the shrimp scampi and 8 dolmathakia which were slightly smaller than a golf ball. It wasn't unreasonable, but certainly less than expected especially after all the great reviews. Also, I was expecting the dolmathakia to have much more spices. Overall the food was good, but it's hard for a restaurant to live up to such high expectations.

3 Thank FuzzBear5
San Francisco, California
“fine but nothing special”
Reviewed April 16, 2007

Very extensive menu, kid friendly, EXTREMELY friendly host (visited out table at least 5 times - if you like that - it was a negitive for my friend). The food was all very competently done for reasonable prices but nothing was exceptional. You can find something for almost everyone here. Out by the huge mall - with dozens of other restaurants in the area.

1 Thank bktw
TN
“Best Local Restaurant”
Reviewed December 10, 2006

Delicious and moderately priced!
definitely a local favorite!!

1 Thank brideoct2006