“Outstanding meal”
Review of Acropolis

Acropolis
Ranked #24 of 847 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: .
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We had never tried Greek food before, but we saw this restaurant after a day at Hamilton place mall. All our food was outstanding. The appetizer of cheese and spinach pies was wonderful. My wife tried the mousakka, and I had the Greek sampler. Both were wonderful, and huge portions. The prices were very reasonable. I really wish I could remember our waiters name because he was one of the best we have ever had waiting on us. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Found this restaurant on Trip Advisor while passing through Chattanooga. Very reasonably priced. I had the crab encrusted sirloin and my husband had the stuffed pork loin. Both were dinner specials. Both were excellent! Service was slow but friendly. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Not sure where to eat in Chattanooga. Stumbled on this gem. Had the lamb chop. Absolutely amazing and truly memorable. I definitely will come back here on my next visit.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We discovered this place last year while on a weekend trip to Chattanooga. I always like to seek out local family places while travelling for a unique dining experience. They have renovated since our last visit and the updates make for a nice environment. It is located in the Hamilton Place area and is quick stop off I-75 north at Shallowford Rd,
The menu has been revised and the amount of vegetarian entrees without cheese had decreased so I was initially disappointed. I ordered the eggplant minus cheese and it was wonderful. My husband ordered a grilled chicken primavera pasta dish and was real happy with his choice. Dinners come with a small salad or soup and bread and honey butter. The cakes in the front lobby look awesome. Service has always been pleasant and the owner comes around to each table to see if her customers are happy, We recommend this place if you enjoy stepping away from the typical chain fare.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

The Acoropolis has been a favorite of my wife's and mine since it first opened years ago. The authentic Greek food is always fresh and tastes excellent. The fresh baked Ultimate chips and dip as a starter is a must! Or the Saganaki, OOMPA! (watch your eyebrows!). If you like lamb, try the rack, its seasoned just right. Reasonably priced as well. Only negative to me is it is near Hamilton Place Mall, which is always busy with traffic. Other than that, GREAT.