“Very nice place for a decent meal!”

Mount Vernon Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 837 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
“Very nice place for a decent meal!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Spent the night in Chattanooga on our road trip. Asked the mgr at the hotel for a recommendation and this was it. Not a chain restaurant, friendly, clean, and good food! A variety of choices for everyone and THE best amaretto pie. Definitely worth a try.

1 Thank Kazakboy

Roscoe, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I was taken to Mt Vernon Restaurant on a business lunch. From the outside, it's totally passable, but the inside is nice. Comparatively to chain restaurants, the menu was limited; however, there was a good selection of food. Many southern staple items. Food was well prepared, very delicious and average priced.

The host was warm and friendly, the waitress not as much but was attentive. Overall, no complaints and would recommend going to this restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Ariana S
Knoxville, Tennessee
“The is THE place for the AARP crowd!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

We were younger by at least 20 years than most of the other diners but that didn't bother us. It's the kind of place your grandparents would like to eat. I took my friend there for her birthday because I got a great deal on a Living Social coupon. She had the chicken and dressing and I had the salmon patties with a lemon cream sauce. We both had squash casserole and corn for our two sides. The portions were large and everything was tasty and seemed homemade. To top it off we both had a piece of Amaretto Pie which was simply divine. I usually don't eat sweets but they are famous for their Amaretto Pie so I had to indulge. The service was good but not great. The prices were similar to what other restaurants of this caliber would charge. This is mostly a restaurant for the affluent residents of the very wealthy community of Lookout Mtn. and tourists.

2 Thank inthevortex
Asheville, North Carolina
“2013 may have been mt v's peak”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We visited tonight and had a very nice meal from a very condensed menu. Gone are such favorites as baked potatoes, French fries, fried shrimp, trout and the delicious filet. How can you operate a restaurant that doesn't have baked potatoes? This restaurant looks like it is near failure which is a pity because the food was good and the service first class. We go at least twice a month but the limited menu is not encouraging or inviting. How can you operate a restaurant that doesn't have a baked potato I ask again. If you want to dine at a nice restaurant not micromanaged by a big corporate management company you better hurry before you see this one boarded up. We are very disappointed!

• Visited January 2014
Falkville
“Nice Place”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had a business meeting at this restaurant, hidden away in Chattanooga, TN. The food that I received was good, but I'm sure there were better items on the menu. Because of the large group I was with we were only given the two choices. (Beef or Chicken). The service was excellent from the two male waiters. The salad was top notch with homemade salad dressing. They gave us two choices: Ranch or Cream Celery. I chose the ranch, but most everyone else had the Cream Celery. (They had all eaten here before) The Ranch was still very good. We were also given a choice between two desserts: Pecan Pie or Amaretto Pie. Again, I chose the Pecan Pie and almost everyone else chose the Amaretto Pie. The Pecan Pie was one of the best that I have ever tasted. Others were boxing up their Amaretto Pies to take home to their wives. (They said it got them extra brownie points, whatever that means) I will definitely come back to this restaurant the next time I'm in the area on business.

• Visited January 2014