“Get the Ameretto Pie!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This little restarant is off the beaten path so it was quiet and cozy and served delicious food! It was very romanatic and the staff were ver friendly! I can't wait to go back!

There are newer reviews for Mount Vernon Restaurant

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Took a friend that was in town, to experience this normally very nice, quality restaurant. The order was placed, and even though it wasn't very busy,,took a while. Good company, so the time didn't matter. The meals hit the table, and my meatloaf was raw in the middle. Medium-rare meatloaf? Think not. Server was attentive and took it back, alerted the manager, the apologized, and brought another plate.By the time my meal came back, I had helped devour the delicious fried green tomatoes. I lost my appetite, or had enoyugh of it, and wound up taking the meal home. If I would have been by myself, I would have left, and let them have it. I didn't want to embarrass my guest, so I ate the meal later. After nuking it at home, I was sure the meat was well-done, and it was tasty.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife, her father, and I ate here last Friday night and were suprised by the seemingly lower quality in the food (the service and server were wonderful). Mr Ball and I had the fish and chips and although the fish was passable, it did have a "stronger flavour" than it did in the past, it wasnt particularly bad, but it was nowhere near as good as it had been before. The chips were bad, undercooked or cooked and rewarmed. Donna had the fried chicken which she had greatly enjoyed before but it too, seemed off almost as if it had been rewarmed. The fried okra, usually a favourite, was very bland. I hope this was a off night for this resturant, as it has been a favourite in the Chattanooga area.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Treat you like family. Eat here often and on most occasions service and food are good. The pie is to die for. Sometimes we stop there just because my partner loves the pie specialty. When on the road, you try to select a different place each day and it depends on your disired "yuttle" factor.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

After looking at several restaurants in Chattanooga to celebrate my wife's fathers birthday I came upon a listing for Mt. Vernon Restaurant, we made the plans to go there which is about 1 1/2 hours from where we live. As we traveled closer to the restaurant location I became worried, how could anything good be in this part of town? We parked and went in and were greeted by some of the most friendly people I have ever encountered. They waited on us hand and foot. I thought to myself this is something you would find in the upscale areas of town not here. The food was absolutely the best, the prices were fair and if you go there you must try their almond amaretto pie. We have since returned and been very pleased every time. If you live nearby or are visiting Chattanooga this restaurant is a must.