“Perhaps an off night”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Lookout Mountain Tennessee
“Perhaps an off night”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife, her father, and I ate here last Friday night and were suprised by the seemingly lower quality in the food (the service and server were wonderful). Mr Ball and I had the fish and chips and although the fish was passable, it did have a "stronger flavour" than it did in the past, it wasnt particularly bad, but it was nowhere near as good as it had been before. The chips were bad, undercooked or cooked and rewarmed. Donna had the fried chicken which she had greatly enjoyed before but it too, seemed off almost as if it had been rewarmed. The fried okra, usually a favourite, was very bland. I hope this was a off night for this resturant, as it has been a favourite in the Chattanooga area.

• Visited February 2013

Chattanooga, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Home cooking and great deserts.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Treat you like family. Eat here often and on most occasions service and food are good. The pie is to die for. Sometimes we stop there just because my partner loves the pie specialty. When on the road, you try to select a different place each day and it depends on your disired "yuttle" factor.

Visited November 2012
McMinnville, Tennessee
“Simply the best find in Chatanooga”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

After looking at several restaurants in Chattanooga to celebrate my wife's fathers birthday I came upon a listing for Mt. Vernon Restaurant, we made the plans to go there which is about 1 1/2 hours from where we live. As we traveled closer to the restaurant location I became worried, how could anything good be in this part of town? We parked and went in and were greeted by some of the most friendly people I have ever encountered. They waited on us hand and foot. I thought to myself this is something you would find in the upscale areas of town not here. The food was absolutely the best, the prices were fair and if you go there you must try their almond amaretto pie. We have since returned and been very pleased every time. If you live nearby or are visiting Chattanooga this restaurant is a must.

• Visited May 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Dinner with My Wife”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Mount Vernon is close to my wife's work and she suggested that we meet there. They were crowded for a Friday night. They do not have a waiting area for a lot of people. The wait was not that long. Staff was friendly and welcoming. Atmosphere was nice and the restaurant was decorated nicely for the holidays. The food was very good. I had chicken and dressing with carrot raisin salad and fried green tomatoes. The chicken had good flavor and almost fell of the bone.
Their signature dessert is Amaretto Pie which is delicious , but we chose to try their fudge pie for something different. It was good if you want to get your chocolate fix.
Overall it was a very good meal at a very good restaurant at the foot of Lookout Mountain.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Tim H
Shawnee, Kansas
“First appearances indicate a good a friendly place to eat.”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is a third generation family restuarant and it is not often that you are greeted by the present owner as we have on numerous occasions. What a change from the norm! We have stopped here when going thrrough Chattanooga numerours times and have never been treated but the very best and enjoyed an excellant meal. When you first drive by, you know this is a good place to have a good meal!

• Visited January 2012