“Horrible Service!!”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Horrible Service!!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was with a party of 4 on Monday, December 31, 2012 at approximately 8 pm. We were immediately seated in the bar area when we arrived. First of all, our server (the bartender) took our drink order and said he would be back with bread. After 5 minutes he finally brought us our drinks. My wife ordered water, the growler of water had some type of white substance floating around; therefore, I told him to bring her something else. About 10 minutes later we finally received our bread and salads. It took nearly 15 more minutes before we received our food. When we received our food, the server asked if we would like some more bread and we said yes. The bread was not served until all of our meals were finished. However, my server was clearly overwhelmed and doing everything he could. This is clearly a poor managed restaurant and I feel bad for all the servers who can't provide the level of service needed to make great tips. I guarantee you that this is the worst Macaroni Grille throughout the chain. If you are looking for Italian in Chattanooga, I recommend finding a local restaurant; they take more pride in their customer service.

“I waited this long for this food?”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had a coupon for $7.00 off a new fall entree, my wife had eaten the entree in Huntsville, AL (5 stars) and wanted me to try it. We went on Sunday after church and were greeted and seated immediatly, our drink order was taken quickly and the drinks brought. My wife ordered unsweet tea, the waiter brought no sweetners, even though he verified before he left the table that she wanted Equal. Several minutes later, he returned with Italian loaf bread, but without the sweetner. My wife reminded him that she needed sweetner, he left to get it. We cut into the bread, it was FROZEN in the middle and only mildly warm on the outside. When he returned with the sweetner several minutes later, my wife asked for a new loaf of bread and he was like "get over it" with his expression and attitude. He was gone for several minutes again, and then returned and asked us if we were ready to order, we had been there over 20 minutes at that time. We ordered, my wife ordered a wheat based pasta with grilled chicken and garlic cream sauce, she is allergic to tomatoes and specifically asked if it came with tomatoes to which he replied " it does not", I ordered the special and my son ordered pizza. After sitting there for 30 minutes, he finally brought out some bread and another round of beverages. This bread was hot and we thought OK, it's going to work out. We sat there for another 30 minutes, he brought us another loaf of bread and another round of beverages and finally our food came out, 1 hour and 10 minutes after we sat down. My special was OK, not nearly what my wife had ordered in Huntsville, AL at Macaroni Grill there. Her food was terrible, there was no cream sauce at all, water in the bottom of the bowl about an inch deep, her chicken was boiled, not grilled, they had filled it full of hot pepper flakes (dried) which it was not supposed to have had and it had cut up cherry tomatoes in it. She was grossed out, the waiter did not even ask us if we wanted parmesean cheese ( as they did everyone else in the room). My wife tried to eat some of the dish, we finally asked for some cheese to be put on top, she ate a few bites and that was it. We decided the food was malicious and intended to talk to the manager when he came around, he visited every table in the joint but never came to ours. When he finally brought the check, he had failed to take our coupon off the bill, I had to run him down to catch him, by then we had been there an hour and 40 minutes. Our bill was $49 and it was easily the worst meal I have ever paid for. Not only was the food horrible, the wait staff and management were inexcusable for allowing us to sit there that long without even an apology or a "your food will be out in a minute". The entire resturant was fairly full when we arrived and some tables turned over twice while we were there, our section completely emptied out before we finally got our bill and were able to get out of there. Not quiet the relaxing Sunday afternoon meal I had expected and certainly a real disappointment on the quality of food and service I expected. Needless to say, I got another coupon today, I promply tossed it into the garbage. I won't be going back for a good long while.

• Visited November 2012
Mentone, Alabama
“Great food, OK price”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We enjoyed our dinner here so much. We stopped in early to beat the dinner rush- about 5pm. Very nice atmosphere-unhurried but nothing took too long. We had Sausage stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer and these were deffinitely 5 star. Our entree was as well. We both had Shrimp Portofino and it was fabulous. We were somewhat taken aback by not having a salad included in the price of the meal but since we always end up having to decide to finsh the salad or the entree we did not bother with them. A Ceasar was only 1.99 so if we had really wanted one it would not have added that much to our 40.00and change total (we always drink water with dinner). I was very impressed with the difference between dinner here and the big box Italian establishment close by. We will be frequent flyers at Macaroni Grill.

• Visited October 2012
Rossville, Georgia
“It was OK”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

They now charge for the salad and other things which causes the bill to soar. That was not impressive!

Visited January 2012
Huntington, Indiana
“Amazing food, service, and value!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I absolutely loved dining here. The atmosphere is welcoming and our service was perfect. Our server was knowledgeable, friendly, and prompt. The bread and oil starter was nice, nothing over the top, but our dinners were amazing. I ordered the "create your own pasta": farfalle with Alfredo sauce, roasted chicken, garlic and spinach. The sauce was made from scratch and everything tasted so fresh. My husband ordered the Carmela's Chicken and said it was the best. Our two dinners and two sweet teas cost only $36. Such an amazing deal for the enormous portions (mine was easily two meals worth of food) and amazing quality of food. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.