“Great View - Food Ok”

Riverside Catfish House
Ranked #305 of 869 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We loved the view the service was very good. But the food wasn't so good. I had catfish filet's and chicken tenders, the tenders were pre package, the catfish tasted like it has been fried and reheated in the microwave. It was tough and chewy, I ate only the chicken. My husband had the fingerlings, they were fried and then reheated in the microwave. Home cake is a cake mix with home made frosting.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

The hushpuppies were great, the catfish was ok, but I felt like I was in a freezer! I had on bluejeans and a long sleeve jacket, but I was still cold. All the booths are over vents that can't be turned off...we usually eat slowly and enjoy the restaurant, but I ate quickly and left!

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Nothing fancy. Just a riverside fish house. Saw the crowded lot on Sunday afternoon while passing through and made a U-turn. Catfish filets were served hot with slaw and hush puppies and potato choice. Was so full I took a piece of homemade buttermilk pie for later. It and my wife's Devil's Food cake were also good. The sweet tea was good as well.

2  Thank Ed P
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We were out for a drive with friends and decided to give this a try. As we drove up it is a quaint little place on the river. We were pleased when we walked in and saw it was bigger than the outside appeared. It was also clean and neat. The special for the day was Grouper for $11.00. 3 people got the Grouper and I had the catfish fillets. For $11.50 you got a serving or for $14.95 you could get all you can eat. I opted for the single portion and when it was brought out, I had three big fillets. I ate two and brought one home for a fish sandwich the next day. More than enough. The friends who got the Grouper got two large fillets and all said it was delicious. We will come back. We sat at a window seat overlooking the river and say a tug and barge go by. We would like to come in the summer and see more boats. The menu had mainly fried fish, shrimp and chicken tender items, but it did have a few salads and a few other types of sandwiches. I would definitely recommended the catfish, which they have whole, with bones or without, the fillet. I saw many orders with the whole catfish, with bones.

1  Thank kinzukid
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I found this restaurant while searching for a catfish place online. Wow - what a find! This is a great little place sitting right on the river. Family-owned and friendly people make this a nice place to eat. The hushpuppies have a sweet flavor and a nice crunchy breading. We had the catfish strips dinner, and the portion was good - maybe 4 large pieces of catfish, a big baked potato, cole slaw and hushpuppies. Although it is a little drive from Chattanooga, it isn't far off I-24.

The place must get crowded, because there were a lot of seats for waiting. We got there around 4:15 p.m. on a Saturday in the winter, and we were in and out before the crowd. I would highly recommend.