“No Chocolate Wonderwall...BOO!”

Golden Corral
Ranked #449 of 869 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed September 6, 2012

In our travels, we always try to stop by a Golden Corral since we don't have them back home. Even though we're full-grown adults...we LOVE dipping all sorts of food in the chocolate fountain. ;] There was a decent variety of foods/breads/salads/desserts offered...most of the typical buffet fare. About half way through our meal, we noticed an employee taking down and cleaning the Chocolate Wonderfall. We asked our server...aptly named: Paula Dean...what was going on. She told us 'some kid must have put his hand in it. They have to take it down and clean it completely everytime that happens'. We laughed because we could only imagine how many times it happens. They took it down around 8:30PM and the restaurant was open until 10PM that evening so we figured they'd be putting it back up. Well...at 9PM when it still wasn't functioning...my fiance went to speak with the general manager. He advised my fiance that it would be back up and working soon. We had finished our meals awhile ago and were just sitting around talking while we waited. Hey! That's pretty much the main reason we stopped in afterall...so...we had no choice but to wait. At 9:30PM it STILL wasn't back up...and we decided to leave as our newborn was getting fidgety and we had already been there almost 2 hours. We were beyond disappointed at not being able to dip things in chocolate and on our way out asked to speak with a manager. Mary came to talk to us. We told her what her general manager had told us earlier and asked why the Wonderfall wasn't replaced. Mary was...cold...to say the least in her response to our complaint. She said they NEVER replace the fountain when a child puts their hand in it and her general manager shouldn't have told us otherwise. Okay...confusion!?!? The general manager doesn't know how his store runs? =/ Mary made no apologies or any attempt to rectify the situation with us [i.e. a partial refund or a complimentary buffet on a future visit/etc.] Although this wasn't a huge issue with us...her attitude left a bad taste in our mouth about the establishment. We're in town for a few weeks due to my fiance working in Chattanooga and would've most likely returned at least once in that time. Now...not.gonna.happen. Chattanooga offers LOADS of other dining options. I do want to say that our server, Paula, was exceptional! She had the best personality and was really interested in us and asked questions about where we were from, our baby, and so on. She was the highlight of this visit. Thank you, Paula! <3

1  Thank StarletteSkye

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My girls have been wanting to go to Golden Corral for over a year, since they started seeing the commercials on tv. Sure, what appealed to them was the chocolate wonderfall & the cotton candy... but my hubby & I were excited about the huge choices of food. Some was pretty good, but it's a very small buffet (compared to what we had imaged). They do steaks to order on the buffet, so we ordered one to share. We ordered medium rare & got well done. (Another lady beside us was complaining about the same thing)

Reviewed December 29, 2011

The food tasted great,but I had to keep checking the plates and silverwear because most of it looked like it hadn't been washed.This had less selection than most GCs,but what they had was great.Too bad the place was so dirty.That's what will keep me from going back to this one.Food 4,Atmosphere 2,Cleanliness 1

1  Thank Ellen G
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Stopped in around 4PM on a Tuesday, was not busy at all. Paid around $45 for a party of 3, they had a very poor selection of food available. When I started to look over the selection I was taken back by how old everything looked, as though it had been sitting out for days. Most of the food was dried up, with that caked over looked and some of the entrays were so nasty looking I could not tell what it was. One of my party members tried to pick something that appeared semi okay and took two bites and he was done. I tried entrays that appeared semi okay and it was aweful! I could not believe they were serving this stuff to the public. After leaving I became ill and I think like the other reviewer I had food poisoning. I will never return here! Also think I'll write a letter to the health inspecto.

Reviewed November 13, 2009

This restaurant is a buffet style restaurant. They serve steak, chicken, and fish on the buffet. They have a dessert bar, which has a variety on it. The restaurant is moderately priced, but for it to be a buffet it is well worth it. The restaurant is always clean inside and on outside. he waiters, waitresses and cashiers is always friendly. I would highly reccommend this restaurant to anyone.