“Just OK.....”

Chef Lin
Ranked #403 of 840 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This buffet was ok. It wasn't the best Chinese buffet I have been to but not the worse. There is a large selection of dishes, including fresh sushi. The sushi was really not that tasty, it was coated with way to much rice, with hardly anything in the center,not enough sauces on the bar, & when you ask they just give you a little squirt......okay......
The hibachi was just strange, it wasn't your typical one, were you chose your own fresh ingredients , they have a sign on the wall where you can only choose what is listed. A choice of chicken, shrimp, or steak, then the only veggies were onions, mushrooms,bean sprout, and zucchini! No other choices, no sauces, then they chose how much of the veggies and meat you get! Never saw this before at ANY hibachi!!!
Bottom line like I said it was just ok, wouldn't go back tho...........sorry.

There are newer reviews for Chef Lin

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I am not a huge Chinese food fan, but I do enjoy eating here. For me it is the hibachi, yumm. There is a good variety and a sushi buffet.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We thought the food was good but voted number 1 for all Chinese restaurants in Chattanooga? They had some dishes that we hadn't eaten before at other Chinese restaurants but I don't know if I thought that they deserved to be number 1. If I'm in the area, I might go back but I won't make it a destination.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I've been in Chattanooga for four years but hadn't discovered this place until last year. When I first heard about this place, I must say that I was a little skeptical because the other Chinese/Asian buffets in this area are pretty awful. But now, I must say that I regret not coming here earlier! This buffet has THE biggest selection of Chinese, Japanese, American, Asian foods in all of Chattanooga, and besides that, the selection is actually quite good. Fresh sushi, tasty hibachi, and friendly people. What more could a Chinese lover want? My family visits the restaurant nearly every holiday (they're always open!), and on some weekends, my colleagues and I meet here. Chef Lin is the perfect setting for any event!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The buffet was disappointing. There is indeed a huge array of dishes, but everything was greasy, or overcooked, or over-salted, or all three.

1  Thank tumbling