“Lifelong Customer - Don't Intend To Stop!”
Review of Bea's Restaurant

Bea's Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 869 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've been coming here since I was born - as has much of my family. If you like southern, homecooked food, it's fantastic. Everyone sits around a lazy susan on a table and you may sit with another family if your party is smaller. That's half the fun sometimes, getting to socialize at dinner. The chicken is to die for, the potatos rock, and the "BBQ" is spicy but awesome.

The atmosphere is very country, but it's comfortable. I'm not much for the southern lifestyle, but this feels like home to me. A little pricey, but worth it for the occasional trip.

In short: This is not a high-class restaurant, but it's the best southern food you'll ever find.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

ok reading some of the reviews and they just sound dumb.

if you hate fish dont eat fish out and they write about in @ trip advisor. if you dont like southern fired food, slops of bbq, pinto beans, buttery rolls, potatoes, fish (on fridays) this place is a crime against anyone trying to diet or eat healthy. If you love southern food and especially fried chicken this might be your favorite place.

side note about the owners, it is family owned and run since it began and they are as friendly and give great service.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I remember going here when I was younger and always hear people talking about how great it is. On my last visit it felt dirty and the food is canned food not homemade like they advertise.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place has been here for 62 years so, they must be doing a lot right. It's an all you can eat style buffet and they being all the food to your table. It's served family style and everyone shares with plenty to go around. I don't live in Chattanooga but this place makes me wish I did.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have lived here in Chattanooga for the 2nd time in my life since I got out of the military in 1996. I have only heard about Beas from one person, who loved it. I've been wanting to try it out and I did for the first time today with my 19 year old daughter. First of all it was waaay overpriced for lunch. We paid $27 for lunch and all the food was cold except for the mediocre cobbler. The fish was absolutely uneatable. If I had cooked that at home,I would have thrown it out. It was unseasoned and the chow chow and canned BBQ tasted like catchup. The slaw just tasted like cheap mayo with cabbage. You could tell the potatoes were canned also. I was very disappointed. It was just disgusting and I will never recommend it to anyone nor will I ever go back. The only thing that was good was the service from the waitress only. In fact, I want my money back.

2  Thank Jordan G

Been to Bea's Restaurant? Share your experiences!