“Don't believe the good reviews - trust me”
Review of China Moon

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Moon
Ranked #577 of 855 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was looking at the travelhost brochure in my hotel and saw an ad for China Moon, then I saw another on TV. After a few days, I decided to check out this restaurant since I was in the mood for a good Chinese buffet.

I arrived at China moon and instantly felt like maybe this wasn't a good idea. The neighborhood didn't appear very safe. However, I proceeded since some of my favorite restaurants appear not so glamorous from the outside.

The decor needs to be updated, it's very dark and appears dirty. I got my plate and started to move around the rows of food. The sushi bar appeared to be closed and all the food was covered in plasticwrap...I guess they serve it the next day? So much for fresh. After seeing that I probably wouldn't have ate it even if it was open.

I really don't know how to describe all of it to you without rambling on. One word will sum it up - terrible. By far the worst Chinese buffet I have ever been to. Maybe back in 2007 things were good, as it says on their paper ad they were voted "Best Chinese Buffet Finalist in 2007", but I think they have severely cut costs and lowered standards to the bare minimum.

I am not a picky person. I am very simple and easy to please. I honestly believe some of these "great" reviews on here are false. I don't know how anyone would rate this place as a 4...let alone a 3. They need to get their act together. The only reason I gave this place a 2 is because of the waitress...that's it.

2  Thank Traveller8465

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife wanted to go to dinner and have Chinese food. She liked the idea of a buffet style and chose Chine Moon. When we pulled into the parking lot I jokingly said that it must not be very good as there were only a few cars there. As it turned out it was terrible. The food seemed like it was leftovers reheated. I ordered a Corona with my meal and obviously the waitress can not add. She could not figure out that I was born in 1959 so I am old enough to drink. Service was terrible and food was scary. Avoid this place at all costs.

1  Thank Jeff G
Reviewed April 23, 2012

If you want some good cheap eats that is pretty good chinese food , you have to try china moon. I have be coming to china moon since they first open in chattanooga over 15 years ago. I tell you this the food is good, the service is average, but the staff is pretty nice, but don't expect the crab legs bin to fill up to quickly when all out. And if you only order water to drink,you have to watch the server with the water pitcher, they will fill your glass pretty quick when you're not looking, but the fountain drink refills not so fast. But I have learned through the years not to really drink a lot of water while trying to eat my food, or you won't get 2 plates down. that's just me. The food selections are plentiful,and the desserts, fruits, salads,soups are plentiful as well. So once again Good Cheaps Eats high on list, Service is a little above Average, Staff is Nice for the most part.

3  Thank travelQueen2008
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I love going here!!: i love going here because the food is great, you have your choice from varities of items , they have sushi, and items that they will cook fresh for you. The service is great! they have a hibachi grill and smoking section for those that smoke like me, and you can afford to go all under $12.00.

3  Thank scott w
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Good choice of food on the buffet and everything doesn't taste the same as so many Chinese buffets do.

3  Thank dixieyankdr