“Use to be a great place to eat.”
Review of Kanpai of Tokyo

Kanpai of Tokyo
Ranked #395 of 841 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: If you would like an evening of good fun, good food, and good friends, make a reservation at Kanpai of Tokyo. Kanpai of Tokyo is the perfect place to take a group of friends or family for a great food and show. Kanpai of Tokyo is a Japanese restaurant that prepares all its food on Hibachi Tables that seat eight to ten people. Diners are treated to an extraordinary demonstration of food preparation by highly trained chefs. After watching the chef slice, chop, flip, and separate meat, seafoods, chicken, and vegetables, one wonders that they still have all their fingers! In addition to Teppanyaki, Kanpai of Tokyo offers an exciting array of gourmet quality Sushi, expertly prepared and beautifully presented for your viewing and dining pleasure. Kanpai of Tokyo also offers many of the same items for lunch that they do for dinner, at a reduced price and in less time.
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Very disappointed on how nasty and dirty this place is. Needs a major remodeling. Food is ok nothing great. We no longer go here since there are better and cleaner Japanese steakhouses.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have eaten there a few times. The food is great. The portions are fair. I just do not like the decor or the fact that I smell like the entree when I leave.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have eaten at this restaurant for many years and it never disappoints. They have the absolute best ginger sauce that I have ever tasted. I eat a a lot of Japanese restaurants and this one is hands down the best!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

After driving by the building and seeing the sushi sign I was drawn in. I love sushi! After walking through the doors I went up to the hostess(s) that were smiling but I could tell through their voices and expressions ( one was on the phone) that they could care less who was standing infront of them and what for. I shrugged it off and say down to wait for the rest of my party to arrive. When everyone got there I told the hostess that all of my party was present. She rolled her eyes and said ok. Shorty after being seated I asked for a sushi menu only to find out by our rude server that it had been taken out? Are u serious!??? I proceeded to eat their hibachi, shrimp was cooked nicely not burnt and our chef was so entertaining. All in All, I will not be going back , ever.

1  Thank Loverhermadly
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Great food. We love to eat here when in Chattanooga. It's the best Japanese food ever! The steak is wonderful as well as the chicken.