“Just overpriced”

Kanpai of Tokyo
Ranked #392 of 846 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: If you would like an evening of good fun, good food, and good friends, make a reservation at Kanpai of Tokyo. Kanpai of Tokyo is the perfect place to take a group of friends or family for a great food and show. Kanpai of Tokyo is a Japanese restaurant that prepares all its food on Hibachi Tables that seat eight to ten people. Diners are treated to an extraordinary demonstration of food preparation by highly trained chefs. After watching the chef slice, chop, flip, and separate meat, seafoods, chicken, and vegetables, one wonders that they still have all their fingers! In addition to Teppanyaki, Kanpai of Tokyo offers an exciting array of gourmet quality Sushi, expertly prepared and beautifully presented for your viewing and dining pleasure. Kanpai of Tokyo also offers many of the same items for lunch that they do for dinner, at a reduced price and in less time.
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I have eaten here in this location and in Knoxville several times. My food was cooked as ordered and delicious, just over priced. The quantity was way more than I could eat. I just wish the cooks would wait until everyone was finished eating before they clean the grill, that part I do not like. And like all other restaurants, the taste of the food depends on the cook, especially at a place like Kanpai. I will return again, but just when I have 1 1/2 hours to kill.

Reviewed November 24, 2011

I worked at Kanpai for three years and I can tell you that this restaurant is a great place to eat. I have read some of the comments and frankly speaking I can tell you that most of these women that are complaining about the service and the food have greatly exaggerated the story. If the restaurant don't accept a coupon its because some customers try to use more than what the coupon agreement states and on days written on the coupon that the restaurant don't accept it, like Saturdays. The people who make the time and go through the trouble to write bad reviews like some I see here are usually ugly towards the servers and don't usually tip. In a lot of cases, customers like these try to get the food for free by complaining about the service or the quality of the food. Sorry but that is the truth.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

I have ate at Kanpai many times but this time it was the worst experience I ever had everyone in my party got sick either with diarea or vomitting. The grill was dirty, the floors were dirty, the cook was unprofessional, the food was terriable the cook cooked the shrimp until they were crisp and jumbo shrimp were about the size of a quarter. This was the worst food I have ever experienced for the price and to get sick and loose it wasn't fun either all four of us got sick at the same time. I do not recommend this place to anyone . It use to be a wonderful experence to go there but never again unless you want to get sick.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

We were very disappointed with the whole experience. To get lunch prices, we were forced to pay before eating. You could get vegetables, but for an additional price. Salad was covered in honey mustard, not the usual ginger dressing. The list goes on. We will certainly be going back. If you are looking for hibachi, there are superior alternatives in Chattanooga.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

Very disappointed with our visit. Staff were rude, cooks were not entertaining and threw food all over the table while mixing it up(even put some of it back on the grill and served it). I would not recommend going here.