“Wonderful brisket”

Famous Dave's
Ranked #143 of 827 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Wonderful brisket”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We were looking for meat for a group of guests at our home. The staff at the Resturant helped us decide the appropriate amount of brisket for the number of people coming to our home. The brisket was hot and very tasty. The meat was moist and easy to cut with a fork. Eating in, catering or carry out you won't be disappointed.

Visited August 2014

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Looking for some good BBQ in Chattanooga - not it”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We visited the local Famous Dave's for dinner. We had the chopped pork, brisket, and rib ends. The best meat was the chopped pork. It was well cooked and enjoyed trying the 6 different sauces on the table. I wish I could say the same about both the brisket and the rib ends. The brisket was tasty, but it contained at least 20 per cent fat. More than I like to have in my brisket. The rib ends were very fatty as well. The rib ends were also extremely dry. I did not like the rib ends at all.
We also had several different sides. The "Wilbur's" beans were very good. The corn bread muffins were also southern style [made with sugar]. The mashed potatoes were a complete disappointment - they tasted almost like they were made with sour milk.
The service was good, but the food was just average. I will have to continue my quest for good BBQ in Chattanooga.

• Visited August 2014
Gadsden, Alabama
“Blown away”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We chose takeout from Famous Dave's. I can't ever remember having such quantity in an order. We ordered the Feast for One which includes an order of ribs, barbecue pork and about 1/4 barbecue chicken. There were fries, baked beans and slaw. I am not fond of slaw so I will not give it a rating. Baked beans were very good. They passed the "no onions" and "no green pepper" test with flying colors! We ordered two sides of potato soup. It was very good! The ribs were almost as good as any I have ever eaten and the pork and chicken were very good also. Great quantities... Great quality. The employees that waited on me were very nice and acted as if they were happy to be employed. Oh, by the way; Try the Banana Pudding. If you are partial to Grandma's old fashioned warm banana pudding you may not like this. It is Excellent! I happen to prefer cold banana pudding. The vanilla wafer's were still crunchy. You will know what I mean if you are a connoisseur of fine banana pudding. lol. Sugar's must be really good to be ranked higher than Famous Dave's.

Visited July 2014
Cleveland, Tennessee, United States
“Consistent quality”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Been coming to this Famous Dave's on and off for the past nine years. You can count on great bbq and great service. We especially love to come on Tuesday nights when the feast for two (which can really feed four) is on sale. Pork, brisket, ribs, chicken, all of it is great. Every once and a while you may get a less than stellar server, but for price, quality and amount of food, this place can't be beat. P.S. Be sure and get the bread pudding if you actually have room for dessert. Yummy!!

• Visited July 2014
Trion, Georgia
“Great food. Great times.”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Every time we go here we have an awesome experience. The food is always good, the staff is always friendly. The ribs are the best anywhere, and i've tried alot of places. Daves is number one. I wish they still gave corn as a free side =o) But it doesn't matter. your gonna get full. Thanks to daves for for being so good.

Visited July 2014