“There is a reason they are famous”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #142 of 833 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
White Hall, Illinois, United States
“There is a reason they are famous”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

So I have had the sauce at home many times but when I saw this place was so close to our hotel I had to try it. First of all let me say I have been on a ribs kick lately having them from my own smoker as well as several restaurants in the last couple weeks. I got the ribs and chopped pork combo with beans and Mac and cheese. These were some darn good ribs! Maybe not the best I have ever had but some of the best from a restaurant for sure. I will definitely go back.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Adam C

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Brisket”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Our first time here. My son and I ordered the platter for 2 and it might as well have been for 4. We split the meet between brisket and pork. Fantastic brisket, moist and smoked well, was very pleased. Since it was our first time we got a free bottle of our favorite sauce. I am making this a must stop any time in or through Chattanooga.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank JPN9000
Tunnel Hill, Georgia
“Great Food and Waiter”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I had a great experience at Famous Dave's in Chattanooga, TN. The waiter named Cody was one of the best we have ever had. The food was great, but the friendliness and courteousness of Cody will assure our return.

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank Levoyd
Chattanooga, TN
“Always Consistent”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My family ate at this location last night. It was crowded but at 6:30 we were able to be seated immediately (family of 4). We had the feast for 2, which we had a coupon for 20% off of. We also ordered one kid's meal for our 2 preschoolers to share. The food was great, as it always is. The feast for 2 is served on a platter made from the lid of a galvanized steel trashcan. Very quaint. We had 6 ribs which were fantastic, a big pile of chopped pork, half of a smoked chicken, 4 half corn on the cobs, a big bowl of baked beans, a big bowl of cole slaw, and 2 corn muffins. The food was really good...some of my husband's very favorite barbeque because of the consistency every time we go. If I had to complain it would be that the platter takes up so much space on the table that it is kind of hard to eat. Also, it is advertised as "feeds 2-3 people" but there are only 2 corn muffins. I feel that there should be 3 if it claims to feed 3 people. Also, they had an employee walking around in a pig costume. While this is a fun little addition, it became rather distracting because he or she was walking around over and over and over. We had to stop visiting every couple of minutes to talk to the pig (and my four year old is scared of costumed characters).

All in all it was great as always, but I wish they could make an adjustment to the platter shape, and I wish that the pig would only come around every once in a while.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank BeckyD423
Columbus, Ohio
“Better than Sticky Fingers”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband ordered the wings which were excellent. He said he should have got the ribs that he had the night before at Sticky Fingers instead as the sauces were much better.

My salad was excellent. I enjoyed trying the different sauces on the chicken.

• Visited August 2013