“Patio view great; food good; service bad”

Boathouse Rotisserie & Raw Bar
Ranked #28 of 833 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Huntsville, Alabama
“Patio view great; food good; service bad”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Perfect weather to enjoy a patio view at this restaurant. The food was good, but nothing exceptional except the El Scorcho Stew. Disappointed to find out that they serve no frozen drinks. Our server was inattentive and curt. Would go back for view and stew, but ask for different server.

Visited August 2014

arkansas
“Stunning View on the Tennessee River”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stunning view from the outside seating area. There will be a wait during prime dining hours but it is worth it. We enjoyed our trout and watching the sunset. Just when we thought it couldn't get any better we tried the amazing key lime pie!

Gila, New Mexico
“Tried and Still True”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Although I was raised in Chattanooga, I now live elsewhere but I travel there four times a year on business. I have tried just about every restaurant downtown and across the river. I consistently return to the Boathouse for an excellent meal: great oysters, great salad or slaw, fantastic beans and rice, fresh catfish, and an amaretto brownie ( if my Mother-in-law does not steal it ). My wife enjoys the fried shrimp twice a year ... always cooked to perfection. Absolutely no surprises. I hate surprises, they are generally bad when you are traveling. Now, I don't shop around searching fro the latest "hot" restaurant, I head from the airport straight to the Boathouse and I am never disappointed.

SB

• Visited June 2014
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great Chicken Sandwich - But Pricey”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Unique restaurant near downtown that sits directly on the TN River. Chicken sandwich for lunch was delicious, but was also over $10. Served with olive fries made for a yummy lunch, but not affordable for everyday dining. Worth checking out if you want to splurge!

1 Thank Sheri983
atlanta
“As good as it gets, the total package.”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have written 3 reviews over six years here, but I realized, I have several "favorite" places I return time after time and have not taken the time to write about them. So here goes.

My all time favorite, rivaling "Two Georges" in Boynton Beach, Florida where I grew up, for atmosphere and food quality, is The Boathouse in Chattanooga, Tn. On the Tennessee River, with as a beautiful piece of the river as you could ask for, and food is chef's quality, drink perfection (they count the amount of ice cubes they put in each of their signature "Lawtonritas" so that each one is as the last), you could not ask for more. Every thing on the menu is 4 star, most 5. Service is good, especially at the bar. Wood-grilled permeates the air as you walk in, but you can retreat to the patio which overlooks the river, with ceiling fans and misters for summer, and clear vinyl barriers and gas heat towers for winter, the patio is almost always open. I have never been disappointed at the Boathouse. My wife and I often make the 1 hour and 15 minute drive from our home is Ga. to have lunch there. OFTEN. We love it.
Thanks guys/gals for all you do. You make it what it is.