“WOW ! Yummy & Nice view”

Boathouse Rotisserie & Raw Bar
Ranked #32 of 827 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“WOW ! Yummy & Nice view”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Happened upon this restaurant by happenstance - we were driving thru Chattanooga, TN looking for a place to eat - not fast food or fancy - more middle ground. Though very hard to find when you are whizzing past it, in rush hour traffic, it's worth the effort to find it. Near a riverfront park, no sign that faces oncoming traffic from either side, but along side the road on the building back. But once we entered, we were seated right away on the deck, though on the side - still had a nice view of the river. It was happy hour, and we each got draft beers, in pilsner glasses - you don't see them much anymore, nice touch. Oh and glass top table was nice rather than many outdoor places that have metal tops. We ordered roast beef and roast pork plates. Each came shredded, beef with auju and pork with BBQ sauce. Wonderful olive oil fried French fries came with each as well. AND OMG, were they good !!!! Tiny bit of cole slaw completed the pork plate along with jalapeño mayo and a few slices of jalapeños. Then we were wondering about were we had to go to get on the HWY 11 Antique Alley yard sale that was happening that weekend (1st weekend after Mother's Day every year) & asked our waitress, Brittney. Well, we asked the right person. She did not know, but knew of the sale as she, her mother and grandmother used to shop it. Grandmother not too well now, so they do not go anymore, BUT she said she would call her mother and ask. And she came back with the info ! So nice of her !! Thanks again Brittney ! Gave her a bit extra in her tip too ! Our bill was not really high, but not fast food prices - about what you might expect for a med- range restaurant. fast friendly service with good food - oh, yes, the beef & the pork were yummy too ! But those fries will remain on my top 10 list for a long time !

• Visited May 2013

Tennessee
“Great views & yummy eats!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Love the views from the patio area. I'm not a seafood person but I have always been able to find something that I like - particularly good chicken salad - so if you have non fish eaters in your party don't skip over the Boathouse, there is something for everyone. interesting decor and great location on the river!

• Visited October 2012
Madrid, Spain
“If they didn't have the view they would be out of business”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for lunch at 2pm on our way driving north as the deck overlooking the river is a prime spot to enjoy Chatanooga on a fine day. The disappointment started when we were told we could not sit at one of the many unoccupied tables on the deck as they were not servicing them. If we wanted a table right away we would have to eat inside. There seemed to be plenty of staff so we thought that odd but agreed to wait at the bar and get a drink. The bar woman was more interested in the two guys drinking next to us than in serving us but we finally got the drinks we ordered. I asked to put the drinks on bill as we would be lunching there but was told I had pay for the drinks then and there.

After 35 minutes we were shown to our table on the deck and a waitress waddled over and gave us the menus. She came back 15 minutes later to take our order. She was not rushed off her feet so I can only assume she makes everyone wait.

The food came in reasonable time but the french fries with our 'sandwich' were barely room temperature. My mild mannered English husband finally lost and asked politely if he could have some hot french fries. The waitress professed not to understand but the duty manager came and took his entire plate and my french fries and ten minutes later he got the plate back and hot french fries. The sandwiches were ok. The request for the bill was similarly an ordeal.

According to a newspaper clipping on the wall this is one of three restaurant owned by the same couple in Chattanooga. I hope the others are not run as badly.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank SharonTickle
Hixson, Tennessee
“Beautiful view, fair food”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Our previous trips has been outstanding, however this evening, with guests, we were very disappointed in the food. We were seated on the deck, the weather was pleasant and the view beautiful. We were very disappointed when the food arrived. One guest's fish was "soggy" and tasteless, another's coleslaw was simply sliced cabbage without dressing. My salad was good but was lettuce only and there was so little hot fudge sauce on the hot fudge sundae, we requested additional sauce. The waitress seemed to forget that we were there. I was very disappointed in the evening and apologized to my guests. I am hoping this was just a unusual event, but it will be awhile before I return.

• Visited May 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Excellent Food/Service -Wanted Seafood”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Drinks and food were really good. Started with their home prepared guacamole which is very tasty. A must order. Followed up with wood grilled Talapia which was also excellent. Service was perfect. Food, always tasty. Also had the wood grilled okra, one of my favorites.

Only disappointment was the absence of real seafood on the menu. Talapia, trout, salmon and catfish are all fresh water farm raised fish. I was looking for grouper or something similar (real seafood). That's the tough part of being 500 miles from the ocean.

Still, excellent place with good tasty food. Good martini too.

Visited May 2013