“Atmosphere is fun! Make...”
Review of Station House Restaurant - CLOSED

Station House Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Atmosphere is fun! Make...”
Reviewed May 4, 2008

Atmosphere is fun! Make sure to try to Roast Beef.

Chicago, Illinois
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 31, 2008

I had been here years ago and remembered that the converted train depot which is run by Holiday Inn is in a horrible neighborhood. However I had enjoyed dining at the two restaurants. I didn't eat in the garden restaurant this time, only the Station House. What a disappointment. While our server was very cordial, the food was mediocre at best. My dinner companion's steak and my prime rib were tough and flavorless -- and appeared to be very cheap cuts of meat. We had called to make a reservation in advance, and the reservationist took our reservation; however when we arrived were told they don't really take reservations at all. The biggest surprise came when the bill arrived and we found we were charged an automatic 15% "entertainment fee" on the total. If you want some idea of what the menu is like, just picture your worst hotel food from the 1960's and that's what this place offers. Never again. If you want to see the train depot, just stop by while in Chattanooga and walk around the property. Don't stay for dinner.

2 Thank Bob C
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I miss this place and only went once. WE all through a friend a surprise b-day here. The live music was awesome, and...”
Reviewed November 24, 2007

I miss this place and only went once. WE all through a friend a surprise b-day here. The live music was awesome, and one of our friends was invited to be part of the entertainment. Food was great. Definitely a memorable experience.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Covington, La
“went there on a saturday night”
Reviewed November 29, 2006

We didn't have reservations, but they were able to accommodate us on a Saturday night, but it was later evening. The food was pretty decent, the waiters friendly, but it was just way too loud. I felt like I had to scream to talk to my dinner companions. Some of the waiters are very talented and had it not been so very loud I think we would have enjoyed it more.

3 Thank diane777
Athens, GA
“disappointed”
Reviewed September 14, 2006

We had reservations at the Station House for Aug. 5, 2006--wanted to experience the "singing waiters" and the self proclaimed "best steaks." The volume from the stage performers was so loud we couldn't converse sitting side-by-side, and so we left before placing our orders. The Garden Restaurant next door was okay, but the buffet was overpriced.

5 Thank papillonlady