“A great place to go for a fun meal!”
Review of Station House Restaurant - CLOSED

Station House Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Entertainment: the singers at the Station House were all fantastic tonight! Food: the salad bar was good, though I would've liked Romaine lettuce better than the Iceberg they served. My husband's ribeye was more flavorful than my NY strip, but both steaks were pretty good, though we both thought the food portion of our night was overpriced.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stopped by just before a recent concert at Track 29 and was very impressed. The wait staff was very friendly and very talented! I ordered the crab cakes, fried shrimp and salad bar. Cakes were average but my goodness the shrimp was perfectly seasoned and fried with such delicateness that you could hardly believe it. The salad bar was kept well stocked, it also included shrimp that was seasoned and boiled. Delicious all the way.

My only complaint is the darkness inside the facility and the frozen bread that is served with your meal. Baking bread isn't difficult, you just have to make a routine of it.

Good Good Stuff Here though.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I used to live in Chattanooga and this was one of my favorite places to eat. My steak was okay this particular time. Usually there it is great so a little let down. Salad bar is fantastic. Everything is always fresh and they keep it well stocked. The entertainment is lots of fun. Quality singing by the wait staff and the house band is also good. A nice mix of music. Just a fun night out for almsot any occassion. Kids will really enjoy themselves but it definitely is not a "Kiddie Place" like the novelty pizza places. Even has romantic lighting so great for a first date. Price is not outrageous for what is provided

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I'm not going to tell you this is "fun for the whole family." Your children will like the food, but may be bored by the show. Your teenagers will pretend to not like the food but will scarf down every morsel of it, and they will absolutely hate the show. (Proof: we were there on Prom Night. The teenagers ate dinner in their tuxes and gowns, then promptly left.)

The food really is excellent, from the rolls through the salad bar to the entrees and on through to the dessert. Everything was delicious and of the highest quality. Well --- the salad bar only had iceberg lettuce, no romaine. Seriously, that's the only criticism i can come up with regarding the food. It was that good. My apple martini was a little too sweet, but still very refreshing. And the bill came in at around $60 for two. That's an astounding value.

The singing waitstaff show -- it's for those over 40. If you're 23 or 32, don't bother. But if (like me) you're in the age group for whom the show is intended, you'll have a great evening. I thought i understood what singing waiters were? Something like, four people standing in the middle of the restaurant belting out Broadway stuff? Maybe that's not how it's done. In any case, that's not how it's done at the Station House. This place has an actual house band, and your waiter/waitress goes up onto a real stage and sings into a real microphone. Mostly Baby Boomer standards (aka wedding reception standards): I Will Survive, Jailhouse Rock, and Go Your Own Way, among others. Then, your waiter/waitress walks off the stage and comes down to your table to take your order, and you get to bask in the glow of a cheap Celebrity Encounter: "Wow, one of The Singers is talking to US, and she's ASKING US IF WE WANT CHEESECAKE..."

So again: if you're young and hip and cool, don't waste your Saturday night here. But if you're my age, or if you're young and cool and you want someone to babysit Mom or Uncle Pete while you hit the club, this is your place.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Recommended when we checked into the hotel. Very family friendly. Kids meal includes the salad bar. My prime rib was delicious and over an inch thick. My grandson enjoyed himself. The singing staff was very good.

1  Thank lindagraul