“What a find!”

Big River Grille & Brewing
Reserve with OpenTable
Big River Grille & Brewing is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 859 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 12, 2013

On a weekend trip to the Noog, my husband, daughter, and I stopped in when we saw this place. I'm a home brewer and love to find great brew pubs.

Wow, what a find this was!

First, the beer. My husband and I tried three different brews, the brown ale, a seasonal wheat, and a seasonal maibock, all delicious session beers.

Second, the food. The pizza was tasty. I prefer a very thin, crispy crust, but this slightly thicker crust was very good. I had the tomato basil pizza and was not disappointed. Daughter's lobster & shrimp enchiladas were a big hit. She doesn't like black beans so after I tasted them I gobbled them up. Really nice! Husband raved about his blackened mahi sandwich and it must have been good because I didn't get even one bite. (I did manage to sneak a few fries, though, and they get a thumbs up.) Living and eating out in Atlanta, we found the prices very reasonable for the high quality of food. This is not stuff that's pulled out of the freezer and thrown into the frier.

Third, the atmosphere. Love it. It was a beautiful afternoon so we grabbed a bench seat outside, which was a lot of fun. It started sprinkling, but no problem because were were under an awning. It started pouring, no problem. Then it started BLOWING while pouring. That was a problem. We dashed inside to a booth and the inside is really warm and comfortable. The kind of place that would be a regular hang-out if we lived there.

Fourth, the service. No complaints. Our server was knowledgeable about the beers, helpful with the menu, and got us a booth pronto when we needed to move inside due to the weather.

We will definitely go again next time we're in town.

1  Thank spingal26
Write a ReviewReviews (1,961)

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have frequented the Big River in Nashville and enjoyed our dinner their and we were not dissapointed with the Chattanooga location. We will be back.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I had a late lunch at Big River. Danny was our server and he gave us nice recommendations for our weekend in Chattanooga. The beers are cold and delicious. The blu cheese bacon burger was very good. Enjoyed the fries too. Worth a visit.

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We had eaten here in February and loved it-great service and food. This time was not so great. Ordered guacamole as appetizer, waited and waited...then came our entrees. Oh, I'm sorry I guess they forgot was the server's reply. Too bad, that just lowered her tip. I ordered a salad with the dressing on the side. Salad came but no dressing. Had to flag down another server to have her get our server for dressing. Same answer as before. Iced tea was fresh but still hot and very little ice was used in the glass to cool it off. Speaking of needing to be cool, cole slaw on my daughter's order was warm and runny, making her sandwich as unappetizing as the cole slaw itself. Very disappointing, may try again-we will see.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The sever was friendly. I got the salad and it was fresh. The root beer is recommended. My husband had the Laredo burger with a magnolia ale. That was a perfect choice. It is within walking distance from the aquarium. We chose outdoor seating because the weather was nice.