“We Should Have Stayed Home Today”

Big River Grille & Brewing
Reserve with OpenTable
Big River Grille & Brewing is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 873 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

This is one of our local goto restaurants so today was doubly disappointing.

We braved the rainy dreary day to have an early lunch; the greeting, servers and atmosphere is always welcoming. It's large, warm and inviting and the menu is large and they have a gluten free menu.

My better half ordered his favorite, chicken smokey mountain pasta & I ordered the gluten free pepper jack nachos. They arrived in a timely manner and the nachos are visually pressive and HUGE.

However, there was virtually no chicken on the pasta and it tasted left-over. The nachos were cold, congeeled and inedible.

Alex, our young server was perfectly wonderful and tried to help but sometimes you just don't want a redo. The manager took off the nachos charge & removed an additional percentage from the ticket which was more than we had expected so you know they're really trying; sometimes things are not perfect.

We will be back again and hope for the best on our next visit (because it's normally great)!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,028)

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The 2 a.m. burger is OUT OF THIS WORLD. I would get it again in a heartbeat!!! Wish so badly that we had a Big River Grille in Decatur, Alabama!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Service just o.k. Food not the best. Ordered the ribs but they were tough, dry and way too crispy (black). French fries had too much salt and the cole slaw no taste.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I ate at this restaurant just a couple nights ago. Our waiter was helpful in recommending a good beer from their brewery (Scottish ale). The person I was eating with recommended the meatloaf, which is not something I would normally order. I am a steak guy most of the time. I decided to go with his suggestion. It was fantastic! There were three large portions of meatloaf, each about 3/4" thick. The mashed potatoes were delicious and the mixed, fresh veggies were excellent. The service was pretty quick and the food was great. We ate outside on the sidewalk. It was a gorgeous night.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

An enjoyable place to eat, music is playing and you can sit outside and people watch as you eat. They have their own beers and they are really good. Jeff enjoyed his fish and chips and I enjoyed my salmon. The service was good and friendly.
This is another good restaurant to visit if you are in Chattanooga.