“Old, no wifi, okay food”
Review of Wally's Restaurant

Wally's Restaurant
Ranked #123 of 869 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Not my first choice to visit, but if Cracker Barrel is on a wait, this is a good backup option. The McCallie location is a lot better for some reason.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Wally's is a Chattanooga tradition, big buffet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We went with a friend from Illinois for dinner, he loved the fried chicken and we did too, and I liked the collard greens with ham and the chicken and dumplings. The fried catfish was great. They change the buffet items frequently, if you go back you will see something different. Not a low-cal place but you can eat a little bit or a lot for the same price. The full parking lot tells you how popular this place is! Enjoy ...

1  Thank giorgio11
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The reviewers who think this is good southern cooking are insulting good southern cooking. This place is dirty, dark and a complete waste of time. On the other hand, it is very inexpensive. The food is without exception greasy. I was really hungry when I walked in but soon lost my appetite. I picked at my food until I started to feel queasy and then I cut my losses and left. Won't be back.

2  Thank knothead1
Reviewed May 29, 2012

very good southern home cooking. we're not big buffet fans but this one is good. not greatly pleasing interior but good food. veggies and lots more!

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Wally's has the best chicken tenders I think I've ever eaten. They are lightly breaded, moist, the perfect soft texture, and taste wonderful. I don't know how they keep the tenders from getting tough or dry, but they do an excellent job. Paired with honey mustard is the best way to eat them. I am pregnant and have been craving Wally's chicken tenders, and they never disappoint.

I also was pleasantly surprised by their buffet today. When I looked at the price I thought it seemed a little high. However, the quality of the food makes the price just right, and I like that my 2-year-old eats free. There were so many choices on the buffet that I had no problem finding something for him to eat. The green beans taste like they've been simmering all day, and the corn had just the right amount of sweetness to it. The macaroni and cheese is very creamy, and they had more vegetables to choose from than I could try today. I sampled something I've never had here before, some sort of cheesy chicken casserole with vegetables in it. I wasn't sure at first what it was, but oh my, it was so tasty and had small whole onions and I think I spotted some carrots. The buffet also included three desserts to choose from including apple cobbler, banana pudding and chocolate brownies. I don't usually like frosting on my brownies, but these are great brownies. Not dry at all, and the frosting really compliments the brownie instead of being a sugary glop on top like lots of others. The banana pudding doesn't really look appealing in my opinion, but I can assure you that it tastes great and is definitely homemade. Sweet, but not overwhelming. There are more vanilla wafers in it than other places seem to put in theirs so you get the creamy texture, big chunks of fresh banana, and yummy wafers in every single bite.

They have great service, and they weren't super busy so it was no problem finding a place to sit. The servers are friendly, and the owner is often available to say hello. I just wish they had a location closer to my home. Their breakfast buffet is probably the best in town.