“neat little spot”

Ranked #132 of 859 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Pickle Barrel Welcome to the home of the Pickle Barrel restaurant.. Check out our menu, our history, and maybe grab a t-shirt. We're happy to see you support a Chattanooga original. Be sure to have something to eat or enjoy a drink on or roof top seating overlooking Market Street.
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is definitely a bar type atmosphere. It is a neat little space that almost looks like something out of Harry Potter. The servers had lots of tattoos and were kind of alternative. The restaurant felt kind of grimy but it fit with the atmosphere. We had lunch on a Saturday. The food was good but not amazing. A good place to grab a beer and some bar food but don't expect gourmet dining.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

This is a bar so be prepared for lots of cigarette smoke. We ate upstairs/outside and during the day so smoking was not a problem for us. The food is mediocre, pickles are good, beer is cold. I won't go back; there's nothing special about this place.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

This place is fabulous! Yes, it's a big on the squalid and seedy side, but I guarantee none of the locals notice and that who you'll be sitting with. I walked into a smoky bar-type atmosphere, but as soon as I saw the spiral staircase i was up & out - watch your step BTW. Once I was on the 2nd floor balcony, I found a metal table surrounded with 50 year old mismatched chairs. The waitress was super friendly, brought me an ice cold pint, and suggested the kielbasa and home-made sauerkraut sandwich. It was delicious! Sitting up there, literally surrounded by white flowering trees, sharing comments with the locals, admiring the architecture and the way the clouds were mirrored in the windows of the upper floors in the triangular building, well, it was a true piece of heaven. I went back the next day and it was just as nice. I has the white bean and bacon soup with wheat crackers and 2 pints. There were twice as many people and I had twice as much fun. If you're the type of person who goes to Chili's and McDonald's in every city you visit, this place may be a bit too bohemian for you. For the adventurous person who likes to blend with the locals, this place cannot be missed.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Food was great, but it is a smoking restaurant so that was a bit gross.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Went to this restaurant for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed the black and blue burger. Service was average. Only downside is that it is a smoking establishment so beware if you arent up for the smell.