“yum”

Porker's BBQ
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great barbeque- friendly staff- great location on the southside - locals lunch here- real taste of Chattanooga

1  Thank Delta4201

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Honestly the best Bar-B-que I've ever had. I had a beef brisket plate with baked beans, slaw, onion rings Texas toast and fork pulled beef brisket. My wife had a brisket sandwich with fried okra and my daughter had a burger and fries. The brisket was juicy and tender, absolutely fantastic...and I didn't even use the sauce which was potent. The ambiance was great. Family friendly with metered parking outside. Glad we discovered this place not too far off the highway!

1  Thank Bill S
Reviewed February 13, 2013

When you walk into Porker's it has an old nostolgic feel about it, which is usually the kind of place we love to stumble upon. We ordered the pork platter which included fries, baked beans, slaw and texas toast.While the pulled pork itself was moist, I can't say I cared too much for their sauce which had a heavy smoky taste...I tend to prefer the sweet bbq sauces. The baked beans definitely needed some jazzing up - I'm not sure they added anything to them at all. The fries were of the krinkle frozen variety and the slaw tasted store bought. The texas toast was nothing more than white bread barely toasted with a drop of butter on it. Also, everything came on the same plate, so beans were mixed with slaw, etc.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I will go back, it is like a dinner with good que. FF were very average sause on the table was not great but the food was good. The rice Krispy treat was excellent. The had run out of sweet tea, bummer! Very Good

1  Thank skidawg
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Pork was succulentto say the least along with tasty sides such as slaw, beans, and 'to die for' fried okra. It's a great place to go and the old-building ambience was fantastic. Great sevice, too.

1  Thank Brem M