“Excellent Restraurant !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Terra Mae

Terra Mae
Reserve with OpenTable
Terra Mae is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 826 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 10th & Columbia
Transit: 10th & Market
Description: It starts with the freshest local ingredients from nearby farms, transformed by Chef Shelly D. Cooper into dishes that are both familiar and brand new. This isn't the high Southern cooking you might see in movies like The Help. This isn't low country cooking. It's inspired by the local fare eaten in the Southern Appalachians for centuries, a cuisine born from a deep love of the land.From steaks to scallops, from chowchow to country ham, from barbecue duck to biscuits, from hills and hollers to the coast, TerraMae's menus are firmly rooted in regional traditions with a contemporary twist. Some of our ingredients are unexpected to those who have forgotten or never experienced the practical magic of Appalachian foodways. Whether you come for dinner, lunch, or brunch, you're sure to rediscover the delight of truly local food. TerraMae is a perfect location for large groups and private dining experiences.
Vonore, Tennessee
“Excellent Restraurant !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Stone Fort B&B and decided to try the restaurant that is co-located with the B&B. My wife and I are very pleased that we chose to try this wonderful gem. Very quaint with stone and brick walls. Staff is very well trained and most friendly - provided excellent service. Great bar and good selection of wine. Very good menue that is divided into small, medium and large plate sizes. We started with the Pork Belly and then choose to order the whole Red Snapper fish for two. Whole fish was served with four sides that went well with the fish. It was beautifully presented and we served ourselves thru the meal until we could eat no more. Finished the evening with a shared chocolate cake and Irish Coffee. Wonderful restaurant that we highly recommend.

Visited May 2013

Chattanooga
“Downtown Diamond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The setting is warm, inviting and romantic best described as rustic elegance. We got a babysitter late and it was pouring rain. We thought we would give it a try and called to see if it was OK to come in jeans and raincoats - "no problem." The drink menu is very unique and the first I tried - the Scarlet O'Hara - was amazing, so I decided to try the "Deliverance," which was excellent as well. The local cheese plate was one of the best I have ever had. I would put it up against any I have had in France or Switzerland. I had to order the frog legs as an appetizer as well - amazing. For the main course, I had the cowboy ribeye. I am not a big ribeye fan, but it sounded good. I have to say that it was one of the top 3 steaks I have ever eaten. Amazing seasoning and cooked to perfection (rare). We shared chocolate cake for dessert. My wife is the sugar junkie and she claims it was one of the best cakes she has ever had. Wait staff was friendly, prompt and not intrusive. I usually don't like to take the time to write reviews, but this place should be on everyone's bucket list.

• Visited May 2013
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
“Progressivly Creative Meets Historically Charming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We are very fortunate in Chattanooga to have the recent addition of TerraMae to the downtown restaurant scene. I have now enjoyed two TerraMae encounters, once for drinks and appetizers with a friend after work and, today, for business lunch. First of all, the physical transformation of the main floor of the venerable Stone Fort Inn is astonishing. What was formerly reminiscent of a visit to a dark old mansion's main floor is now a delightful experience of natural light, clean lines and a vibe that welcomes and promises something special. The menu is intriguing. My friend and I shared the Appalachian Lunchable appetizer and were happily introduced to Benne Seed Bacon (slab bacon in a to-die-for maple glaze) alongside pickled jumbo shrimp, fabulous homemade pimiento cheese, rosemary mini-biscuits and more. Our cocktails were a treat and were a challenge to select from one of the more fascinating, creative beverage menus I've ever seen. I loved every morsel of my lunch choice,too, the Steak and Mushroom Salad. Really fabulous! Chef Shelly is the real deal and the bartender (didn't get his name) is clearly an artist! If you haven't tried TerraMae, put it on your short list. I'll see you there!

• Visited May 2013
Lookout Mountain, Georgia
“Creative Menu, Excellent Service and Wonderful Wines”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We recently went to TerraMae for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We went on a Friday night so the place was busy. We had made reservations and did not have to wait at all to be seated. Our server kept us laughing and made sure our wine, salads, and small plates were brought in such a way that the wait on our food seemed minimal. The food was definitely a different menu selection than most but the flavors and concepts would work for absolutely any palate.

• Visited April 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Maple glazed bacon? Yes, please.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

My family and I went to dinner here for my husband's birthday recently. It was our first opportunity to try this new restaurant in the Old Stone Fort Inn in Chattanooga. To start, the staff is super friendly and the decor is fascinating. We tried the Appalachian sampler appetizer that was the most interesting thing I've ever eaten. A gourmet take on deviled eggs, pickled vegetables and the most amazing thing I've ever put in my mouth: maple coated bacon. Holy cow is all I can say. We all try different entrées, each of them unique and delicious. We enjoyed our dinner and desserts, and again I appreciated the helpful staff. It is quite pricey, but for special treat and something very different, I highly recommend this spot!

• Visited April 2013