“best japanese/ thai in town”
Review of Rice Plate

Rice Plate
Ranked #468 of 850 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Hwy 58's best kept secret. The food is delicious and priced very reasonably. Just wonderful! I would recommend you try it.

4  Thank cherryfrost

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

The owner, Dao, is a good friend of mine, and when I first learned she had a restaurant over a year ago, I was there to show my support at her grand opening. I didn't know what to expect, but Rice Plate became an instant hit with me and my wife. Since that time, whenever I have the opportunity to eat there I do not hesitate. Dao has a wonderful spirit; she along with her family and staff is what sets the tone in this gem on Hwy 58. Her father is the chef and believe me when I say this, he is a master at his craft. Meals are always stunning... temps, seasoning, plating... top notch! The Pad See Ew, Red Curry, Green Curry, Hibachi, Basil Rolls, Thai Soup, and Sweet Mango Rice are MUST haves!!! Quality standards in all aspects of this restaurant are noticeably high and are carried out well. Next time you're out for lunch or dinner, swing by Rice Plate on Hwy 58. You'll instantly become a fan and always be welcomed as if you were family. To Dao, her family and staff: Thanks for always providing a superior culinary experience.

2  Thank James C
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I drove by at lunch and decided to stop in. The restaurant is small but quaint. It is clean with soft music playing. It is decorated in traditional Asian styling and is nicer than the otherwise dated shopping center would suggest.

The food was good - I had the hibachi chicken. And it came with veggies and a salad for $5.99 (lunch special). So, the value was great. The waitress was very attentive without being intrusive.

I will definitely be back for the service, food, and value.

3  Thank kingmba
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Stopped by with my girlfriend after reading the good reviews on Trip Adviser, I was not disappointed, the place is a jewel. The staff was friendly and knowledgable about the Thai food, the service was great, and the dishes were very tasty, I will be back and will recommend this place to others.

1  Thank avilasl
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This very nice restaurant is tucked away in an old strip of businesses on Highway 58 just north of Highway 153. It is next door to United Grocers, which would be the best landmark when locating this very good restaurant.
The outside of the facility is deceiving, because upon entering the restaurant, you find really nice decor and clean surroundings. The wait staff is very inviting and hospitable.
The menu selections will please those seeking Thai, Japanese, and Chinese. Dishes are cooked to order and portions are generous.
I had Rangoons as an appetizer and Pad Thai Seafood with a side of Spring Rolls. These selections were perfectly prepared and absolutely delicious.
There were eight in our party, four adults and four children. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals and want to return soon.
This is definitely a great place to try out if you like Asian Fare. And,,, prices are very reasonable !

2  Thank Gunny214