“A great place to stay in Chattanooga Tennessee”

TownePlace Suites Chattanooga Near Hamilton Place
Ranked #38 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Town Plaza Suites in Chattanooga Tennessee is a hidden JEWEL in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The Suites are new and fresh. The entire staff was VERY helpful and accomodating in our two day stay. The rooms have all the necessities-small useful kitchen, nice size rooms, quiet and safe surroundings. We visit Chattanooga about every 3-4 weeks and have stayed at several places. We have a place that took care of all our needs and will be back.

Room Tip: This hotel is not on a Main Street but easy to find with proper directions.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here 2 weeks ago while traveling to Chattanooga on business. The value was fantastic at only $109/night + tax for a Marriott brandh hotel. The hotel is very clean, and the room is cozy with many amenities such as a large closet, iron and ironing board, kitchen with dishes and utensils, full size fridge, etc. The bed was one of the more comfortable hotel beds I have slept in. The bathroom was very, very clean! Free Wi FI with easy access was a plus. The lobby area is smaller, but still decent. I did not get up for breakfast, so I can't attest to how it was. I left the room after breakfast, but there was still plenty of hot coffee in the lobby and fresh fruit such as bananas and apples which is what I normally have for breakfast anyway. The staff was great at check in and one of the guys at the desk even offered me a free appetizer coupon for J. Alexander's restaurant when he heard me mention I was going out for a steak dinner. The hotel is only about 1 mile across I-75 from the main shopping area of Chattanooga where there largest mall is with plenty of restaurants near by. As this area is where I do most of my business at, I will more than likely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed just one night at this hotel. I was driving back North from Florida to Ohio, and I stopped in Chattanooga. After nine hours in my car, I was warmly greeted by the front desk personnel and quickly given a key to my room. The room was very tastefully decorated, the bed was comfortable, the shower powerful and HOT. While there were many guests, I heard no noise in my room. This would be a great place to stay for an extended time as they have a pool, a gym, a business center, breakfast in the morning, full kitchen in the room, and grills for guest use. This will definitely be my hotel of choice when travelling back and forth. I ony rated the location average because it is necessary to make several turns on little roads to get to the hotel parking lot.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel opened recently opened (November 2012) so as you would expect, the hotel is clean and well maintained. The pool area was nice and we did enjoy the fire pit outside the front door in the evening. The rooms had everything you would need including a kitchen area as well as a desk (with lots of outlets for computers or charging phones). The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. Our only complaint about the room was its size. We had a king suite and if you pull out the sleeper sofa, you had less than a foot of room between the end of the sleeper bed and the king bed. A little too cramped for accessing the king bed. The breakfast offerings were good. They served the standard breads, yogurts, cereal, fresh fruit etc. We did discover some sausage biscuits in the fridge too (out kids loved those) and they also offered a few toppings for the oatmeal which was an added plus. They had a Belgian waffle maker and some individually wrapped items like muffins and granola bars which would be great if you are in a hurry. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make sure everything was excellent for our stay. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel was a very nice new hotel and convienent. It was close to mall and many restaraunts. Room was very large and well decorated. The front office staff was very helpful. It needed a slightly bigger eating area but the food choices for breakfast were fine.

Room Tip: Rooms were large.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel is new and very clean. We stayed here on our way to Florida and it was perfect. The only thing lacking was the breakfast, it could have had a bigger variety. We were very pleased, and we will stay here when we head back up north.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Booked a king w sleeper online while travelling--for $99 plus tax. Total approx $116. Arrived late at night (11:30 pm) and we were given keys. Went to open sofa bed for our 13 yr old son to find a terribly stained mattress pad and mattress. Complained to management--were told there was a line at the desk and they could not get to us for awhile. We were there first and should have been serviced as such! We should have been promptly moved to another room. Instead my husband had to take the stained pad down to the desk and was given a couple thin sheets instead of a new pad--again, we were brushed off because they were "too busy". We were extremely tired and needed to get up early so we put towels and sheets over the stain which was on the bottom end of the mattress and tried to sleep. Turns out our bathroom door would not stay closed and also would not lock--which is quite inconvenient for a family with a teenager. The desk clerks apparently didn't have the authority to comp our room--which was the least they could do. A manager called my husband the next day and said he would comp it, however I now have a pending charge on my card for $140--which is MORE than we agreed to pay online.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Sarah_Stokes, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Chattanooga Near Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I was the manager who called and spoke with your husband regarding your stay. As I told him when we spoke I greatly apologize for the troubles you experienced during your stay with us. The bathroom door latch and the housekeeping issue were completely our fault for not catching them before renting the room to your family. After speaking with your husband on the phone the room was placed out of service until the issues were corrected. The authorization that you see on your credit card is the pending authorization placed on your card upon check-in to cover room and tax as well as any incidental charges on the room during the stay. All charges were refunded so the pending authorization will fall off the account and never go through to as actual charge, however this can take up to 3-5 business days to be released depending on the bank. I apologize again on behalf of our entire staff and hope that if you are back in Chattanooga you will stay with us again and give us another chance to provide you with the exceptional experience and stay you have come to know from Marriott.