“make your own glass ball”
Review of iGNiS Glass Studio

iGNiS Glass Studio
More attraction details
Owner description: You can blow your own glass. We offer the opportunity to have a hands-on glass blowing experience. We are opening the studio so that you and your family can have the chance to blow your own heirloom glass ornament or sun-catcher. With the help of our professional artists, you may choose colors, assist with working the piece, and actually trap your own breath in glass. Appointments are available throughout the year. Price is $40 per ornament, $35 per ornament for groups or 10 or more. Due to our production schedule we request that you contact us for availability.
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stumbled on this studio to get out of a torrential downpour. I was surprised to find a full glass blowing studio right downtown in this small shop! You could opt to even blow your own glass ornament. The glass artists were very friendly and the guy in the gallery area was super friendly and helpful. He told us to stay as long as we wanted until the rain stopped. This should definitely be a stop on your visit! Beware though, it's a hot glass shop! It is HOT in there!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Glass blowing is such a rush. My wife and I recently treated each other to Glass Christmas Ornaments at IGNIS. We had help- of course - but the color and air inside were all ours. The master glass maker (Chris Mosey) was fun and helpful. This was not a cheap date. It would be a wonderful memory for children. We treasure these beautiful globes. Plan to spend a half hour or so- and it will be warm- even in the winter. You'll need to pick them up the next day or have them shipped. Fun for the whole family that's easy to find in downtown Chattanooga on Broad Street- right next door to the Moon Pie store. Billooltewah 2013

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Went here with my wife and two sons, ages 9 and 12. Both the boys made an ornament and we had it shipped to our home. The boys like being able to help the artist make the ornaments and they actually got to blow the glass. It does not take very long to do and the staff is very friendly.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Well, let me say this was a fun 10 minutes, and it only cost a little more than if you had just bought an ornament from the shop. (And twice what you might have paid a Pier 1 or World Market - but this is Downtown Chattanooga.) But you don't really do anything yourself. The glass worker let's you choose the colors for your ornament from the 20 or so finished ones hanging on the wall and will tactfully steer you back to one of them if you try to choose colors they know will leave you dissatisfied. Then they get the molten glass, dip it in the colors, place it in the furnace and let you twist it slowly for 30 seconds. They take it back and then let you blow through an air hose as they work it into a globe and then add the loop at the top. (I pinched it with my fingers and blew into my fingers - I didn't see him clean it prior to or after my session.) You've just created your own ornament! I've taken a class from a glass artist in my city and was able to make my own paperweights. Yes, it took a while to get the hang of it and cost more - and the fist one I did was just plain ugly. Still, I did it myself.

2  Thank JAGCGA
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Blow your own glass bulb?!! What?! A kinesthetic learner's dream! This place would be perfect for a first date, for older kiddos, etc!

The artisan teacher was very patient and sweet.

The gift shop is full of beautiful art, including some paintings and jewelry.

I can't wait to take our kids when they are older!