“We loved it!”

Totto Sushi and Grill
Ranked #126 of 859 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Description: Totto is brand new Sushi Bar in Grill in the heart of Downtown Chattanooga! We are located in the old Quiznos building on the lovely North Shore. Our restaurant is small and charming with a couple of booths, sushi bar and tables inside. We offer a gorgeous patio balcony overlooking Coolidge Park. Our service is friendly and the food is made to order so it comes to you as fresh as possible. We serve different grade Tuna between Sushi, Sashimi and Rolls. Because when you eat rolls you can taste all kind mixed texture and taste with tuna since it is mixed with other ingredient and Sauces. But when you eat Tuna Sushi or Sashimi you want to appreciate more Tuna but nothing else. Welcome and try our fresh Tuna and Uni( Sea Urchin). Also we have fresh Fluke (can be called Flounder). If you order we will have Giant Clam and fresh oyster as well.
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have been waiting to try this place - was a little concerned about a couple of not-so--great reviews. I went with 2 friends tonight (so I cant comment on lunch buffet, or service there)

We really loved it. Again, I have not been during the day, but at night it is warm, cozy, and welcoming, good atmosphere- lighting, and almost all the tables were full on a rainy Thursday at 730 pm. We were the only 3 people at the sushi bar though. (which was nice - there may be, as my friend said, a couple of chairs too many at the sushi bar. He is right - if it was full it would have been uncomfortable) But it wasn't, and we could spread out a little.

We had excellent service on the floor by Stephanie, and a little help from her co-workers, and Branson was our dedicated sushi master, who, after he introduced himself to us all and asked our names, kept sending us wonderful surprises, asking each time about preferences, etc.

The Hamachi was the freshest and best I've had in Chatt. Toro was also really good, and that's not always the case around here. The rolls were fun and delicious, and Branson made one just for my friend, to his specifications.. We also had 3 hot appetizers, all were very good.

We didn't really look at the prices - I'm really only one to notice $, if the cost drastically outweighs the value, and certainly we did not think so. We had lots of sake, Japanese beer and one special drink, and ate so much we could barely move. Total bill was about $55 per person, (plus tip) which is not bad at all for a big dinner with lots of drinks. If you sit at the sushi bar be sure to tip your sushi chefs in the jar, as well as your floor staff on the check.
Branson certainly deserved it.

I will go back for sure. We had such fun, and everyone was so nice to us! I'm delighted about this new addition to our restaurant scene here.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Loved the buffet. They had very varied selection & the sushi was phenomenal. I being a new trier of sushi I was hesitant to go, but my girl friend loves the stuff so I went for her sake. I ended up loving it!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

sushi and lunch buffet were excellent but the servers weren't kind.
They was not smiling,....umm they kind of look angry,,,
so I felt uncomptable, and there was 3 severs but I think they don't have good experience being a nice server.But BEST SUSHI IN CHATTANOOGA!!!!;)

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Ok, keep in mind the all you can eat buffet is only $11.99
Overall the atmosphere is great and the sushi good. Didn't have a problem with wait staff and it was a full Saturday lunch rush. Wine by the glass pricing was what to expect ($5-$11). I was worried when I heard "buffet". Looked it over and it looked great. They brought soup and a salad as we headed to the sushi. Tried one of each and 11 of the 15 were good. Had second pieces of the ones I really liked.
For the money there are zero complaints. If tou are lioking for sushi, give it a try! I'll definitely go back.

2  Thank spiderelliot
Reviewed December 6, 2012

A groupon-like offer must've really pissed these folks off. Our table of 5 full-pricers got the worst service I've had in years (good thing I was paying). The food was reasonable, but try to make sure you're up for being generally ignored in order to get it.

Julie D, Public Relations Manager at Totto Sushi and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2015

I'm terribly sorry your service was inadequate. We do not discriminate groupon users or guests with coupons. I appreciate your feedback and hope you'll give us another chance.