“Fun and Different!” 4 of 5 bubbles

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Fun and Different!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Two in our group were afraid of heights, but they overcame their fears and took on the tree obstacle course! With the exception of one or two, most of the sections were not that hard (if you're not afraid of heights). And the whole thing is super safe, being clipped in at every moment, and with guides to help you. We loved it because we had never done anything like the tree course before, although we had ziplined in more extreme circumstances, so that part was fairly tame. Fun way to spend 1-2 hours, depending on how busy it is!!! Plus it's right next to Ruby Falls Cavern, in case you want to do both.

Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Challenging, more ropes than zip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

The adventure took almost 2 hours, was mostly a ropes course with 2 short zip lines. They teach you how to use the safety clips before you start and a guide is always with you. They take a lot of pictures, fun to see afterwards, with reasonable prices (2 for $20).

Huntsville, Alabama
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I took my son and he had a blast , it was a obstacle course/ zip line .
Before he went on it they went over everything with them and made sure they new what to do , and the safty of all of it , also the parents can walk with them but they have to wear a helmet to for safty , the staff was great and helpful

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Kid friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The tour offers a kid and adult course. We only took part in the kids course. The course had just reopened due to the safety system being updated to be more kid friendly. The guides were helpful along with the ticket counter employees. We plan on going back when the kids are big enough to enjoy the adult course. It is set up on the side of the mountain so be prepared to do some stair and trail climbing.

Visited July 2013
Urbana, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Childrens Course Closed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

On July 26th 2013 we went to Ruby Falls for the new Zip Stream Adventure Childrens Course. Our 5 yr old Granddaughter and my friends 10 yr old granddaughter were so excited! On Tuesday the 23rd I had called the info number and the woman who answered the phone asked a "zip line person" to help me. I confirmed that although she was only 5, our granddaughter had a 55" reach I asked if she would be allowed on the childrens course. They said yes. Our trip was for later this week I told them. Imagine our disappointment when we drove all that way to find out that the Children's course was closed. There was no mention of it online... no mention of it on the phone recording, and no mention of it when I called. Our granddaughter was so disappointed! We had planned our whole day around this. Making matters worse was the horrible parking, poor directional signage, and after walking up several flights of stairs and halfway up the trail, reading a very small faint sentence written in pencil on masking tape saying the orange course was closed. Also written on the tape was something saying we could ask about other options. I asked for a discount on the "other" options which was the climbing tower given the non-exhistant notices but was told no. I asked about a discount coupon of sorts for a return visit, anything that could have made this easier to swallow but "sorry" was all they could offer. I am so disappointed in the Customer Service. On my next trip south I will go to a more organized zip line company. One who takes the time to update the online site, actually has their own phone lines.. not Ruby Falls lines... and at the least is willing to recognize when they have been at fault and are willing to try to compensate their customers. I gave them a two instead of a one because my granddaughter did like the climbing tower although our guide spoke very little and did not try to assist or teach her anything. She made it to the top 3 times on the easy side but kept trying the Med. side, He could have been more helpful there. I am really disappointed in this new company and I hope they will make the needed changes that will prevent this issue in the future.

Visited July 2013