“Kid friendly”

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Kid friendly”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The tour offers a kid and adult course. We only took part in the kids course. The course had just reopened due to the safety system being updated to be more kid friendly. The guides were helpful along with the ticket counter employees. We plan on going back when the kids are big enough to enjoy the adult course. It is set up on the side of the mountain so be prepared to do some stair and trail climbing.

Visited July 2013

Urbana, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Childrens Course Closed”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

On July 26th 2013 we went to Ruby Falls for the new Zip Stream Adventure Childrens Course. Our 5 yr old Granddaughter and my friends 10 yr old granddaughter were so excited! On Tuesday the 23rd I had called the info number and the woman who answered the phone asked a "zip line person" to help me. I confirmed that although she was only 5, our granddaughter had a 55" reach I asked if she would be allowed on the childrens course. They said yes. Our trip was for later this week I told them. Imagine our disappointment when we drove all that way to find out that the Children's course was closed. There was no mention of it online... no mention of it on the phone recording, and no mention of it when I called. Our granddaughter was so disappointed! We had planned our whole day around this. Making matters worse was the horrible parking, poor directional signage, and after walking up several flights of stairs and halfway up the trail, reading a very small faint sentence written in pencil on masking tape saying the orange course was closed. Also written on the tape was something saying we could ask about other options. I asked for a discount on the "other" options which was the climbing tower given the non-exhistant notices but was told no. I asked about a discount coupon of sorts for a return visit, anything that could have made this easier to swallow but "sorry" was all they could offer. I am so disappointed in the Customer Service. On my next trip south I will go to a more organized zip line company. One who takes the time to update the online site, actually has their own phone lines.. not Ruby Falls lines... and at the least is willing to recognize when they have been at fault and are willing to try to compensate their customers. I gave them a two instead of a one because my granddaughter did like the climbing tower although our guide spoke very little and did not try to assist or teach her anything. She made it to the top 3 times on the easy side but kept trying the Med. side, He could have been more helpful there. I am really disappointed in this new company and I hope they will make the needed changes that will prevent this issue in the future.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank T S
Pembroke Pines, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Flying like an eagle”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Took our family on this adventure, and very happy we did. Our guides, Marshall and Jacob, were great in showing us how to navigate the course. They even had a little competition to make it more interesting.

We bought the All Day passes, which was the best deal. My boys, 14 & 17, went at least 3 times through each course, while my wife, and I, did the courses twice, and the Tower Zip 3 times. We were able to go have lunch and come back to go go a few more times.

They got some great pictures of us enjoying the courses, and we were able to purchase them to remember the trip for years to come.

Very professional staff, who gave great instructions on safety, and how to have the best time on the courses.

Definitely doing this again, and will recommend to everyone.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jim M
Atlanta
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Pricey but worth it”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

My kids are 13 and 11 and are active kids. If you are lazy or overly obese, skip this one. Otherwise, stop by and have hours of good outdoor fun. The guides are pros and patient with those that need some help. You get high upon he trees so if you're afraid of heights, skip this. The safety equipment and protections are serious and solid, don't let this care you.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank kenuga
Cookeville, Tennessee
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Great family fun”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I took my daughter and her friend zip lining and they loved it! I did too. The course is about 1 1/2 hours. There is more clambering and wire crossing than actual zipping. Some of the lines were challenging for the girls but I think it was a good confidence builder. The guide was appropriately irreverent, knowledgeable and the course is totally safe. You should have two good knees and no disabling fear of heights, but other than that, get on out and zip it!

Visited November 2012