SpringHill Suites Chattanooga Downtown/Cameron Harbor
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Nice location”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a night cause we were visiting the VW factory the next day. The hotel is located along the river in a location right next to downtown. When checking in the two ladies working the deck upgraded my room to a river view and a full balcony. The room was nice and clean. The bathroom was large and very well thought out. Although this property is not right in downtown we did enjoy the short walk along the river to get there. I did have the complimentary breakfast the following day and it was good. Plenty of choices of food and relaxing as well. I would defiantly stay if I was to visit the area again.

2 Thank yeti1975

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Korean first
hsteacher1
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here Mar 1-3, 2013. It was very clean and very friendly. The room (king size bed) was super nice and very trendy. Big bathroom and comfy room. The breakfast was delicious and better than most hotel breakfasts. The staff was very nice. The parking fee was annoying but balanced out with the free breakfast. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington, KY
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We planned 2 nights, but are plans changed & front desk changed the res. effortlessly, even upgrading our view. This is a typical Springhill Suites hotel, so the rooms and layout are quite similar to others. The rooms are very spacious, the staff amazingly friendly, both desk people & hospitality (cleaning, bkfst, bar)! The hotel is brand spanking new, so lots of upgrades from older Springhill Suites. The lobby is bright, spacious with lots of seating for meals or just hanging out. It is 5 stories, built on the river & a short walk to downtown. Reviews complaining about ground glass bathroom doors & incorrect rates are absurd, since that is the style of this hotel & at check in, your rates are reviewed with you. The breakfast buffet was great and the food nice and fresh. With plenty of parking, this will be my choice for future visits to Chattanooga.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Otodoc
Foley, Alabama
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend getaway. The hotel was super clean and the King room we had was very spacious. We were lacking no amenities. We had a river view, which was nice. Would love to visit when the weather is warmer to take advantage of the riverside patio. It has a large fire pit with spacious seating. It would be so nice to be outside with a cocktail! Breakfast buffet was good. We will definitely be back soon and bring our swim suits for a quick dip after dinner. Hotel staff were very pleasant and made us feel welcome.

Room Tip: I would try to get a river balcony room next visit.
1 Thank shirt54
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We recently stayed at the Spring HIll Suites on the river in Chattanooga. We stayed with our two kids 9 & 6.

Pros:
- Rooms are shaped like a rectangle. Shower and bathroom area are large as well. Room felt nice and roomy. Nice to have the couch area to hang out and let the kids have another part of the room without feeling crowded.
- The morning breakfast is fantastic. One of the best "included" breakfasts. Has eggs with spinach, salsa, cheese and hot sauce. Turkey sausage and an oatmeal bar with many different types of amenities to add. They also have the waffles that the kids always want. Plus all the other continental types of foods usually offered.
- Very clean and new smelling hotel.
- Very friendly staff.
- Large shower

Cons:
Okay, all these are minor, but I'm going to list them anyway.
- We could see the river from our room (we didn't upgrade to a river view) but along with that we could see some old rotted out river building. Not exactly sure what it was, but not eye pleasing.
- The walk is a bit further than the other hotels to downtown. Granted, it's probably a ten minute walk and not that big a deal.
- Parking is $8 extra. The city of Chattanooga runs the lot??? Looks like a regular parking lot to me. However, I think the parking cost should be added in the initial up front cost you first see, not an add on.
- The bathroom had no lock, so if you need any privacy from little people that open doors, it aint happening. Also, the room has a shower. If you have little kids, that may throw things off not having a bathtub. Also, there's no way to turn the shower on at first without getting wet due to the design of the large shower door.

Overall a nice hotel and we would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Trent_Futrell
Mobile
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed in the hotel in December. Rooms are large and clean. Beds are comfortable. Huge bathroom, though I'm not a fan of the smoked "glass" door which allows the whole room to light up in the middle of the night when someone turns the light on in the restroom. Well lit work area with plenty of easy to reach outlets. Working microwave and mini-fridge. Nice views of the river. Took advantage of both the evening happy hour and morning breakfast. Small but functional work-out room if you just want to do cardio; it would have been nice to have an exercise ball and other basic equipment. Very friendly staff throughout the hotel. My son and I walked the hotel to the downtown shops/restaurants but I would only be comfortable taking the walk with another people at night. Will definitely stay at the hotel again when I'm traveling with a companion who can make the walk to dinner with me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is truly a great hotel, that gives you an at home comfort feeling. Great lobby, hallway, and room ambiance and aesthetically pleasing. My wife and I have stayed here several times and will not stay at any other place in Chattanooga. The room receives a 5 star rating for cleanliness and having a great contemporary feel. By far the best complimentary breakfast I have had throughout my numerous stays at several different chain hotels throughout the country. Conveniently located to downtown, weather permitting you can even enjoy a nice walk or bike ride to the most popular attractions downtown. Either way, there is still affordable cab service or no more than a 5 minute drive to your point of destination throughout the city. You can even save time by going east on riverfront parkway and taking the back roads into the city. Something I learned this past weekend. Will continue to stay here as long as I frequent Chattanooga.