“Very nice hotel, good location and great service”

SpringHill Suites Chattanooga Downtown/Cameron Harbor
Ranked #5 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Definitely a great place to stay when in Chattanooga.
Very clean and nice modern rooms, very well appointed. Staff were very friendly. They have a great lounge and bar area. Will be back there next time in Chattanooga.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a bright and modern hotel option for the downtown Chattanooga scene. Although it is not quite as close to the aquarium and downtown as the Residence Inn, it is less expensive, easier to get in and out of, and much cleaner. Parking, although it costs an extra $8, is convenient and it’s an easy walk along the river to get to all the downtown action. The rooms were bright and clean, with soft beds. The breakfast was a pleasant surprise with healthier options than you would normally see. This hotel is highly recommended for those that want to stay in town but looking for a little more peace and quiet.

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the river also are above the patio. If there is a reception going on it may get...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at Marriott @ the Convention Center in Downtown Chattanooga the first 7 nights of my husbands business trip (read my review). And then because my husbands job was extended we had to stay longer and they were booked up. So my husband did some research and chose Springhill Suites Marriott Chicago Downtown / River North. Im so glad he did, he did good :) I loved everything about this hotel! The staff was the GREATEST! Because of circumstances beyond our control, we needed a room early and they assurred us it would be no problem. We were able to get an extremely early check-in (7:30 am) How's that for great service? From the moment we arrived we were treated wonderfully! We were greeted cheerfully, they made sure we were happy with everything, they all had the best attitudes. I also loved the decor in our room (see my photos) and all the extra ammenities. The only problem I had was I wished we had stayed here for the whole trip. But you can bet, this will be where we stay from now on when were in Chattanooga.

Room Tip: We had room #220 and loved it. NICE view. Loved being able to see the river and the courtyard w/fire...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just returned from spending 3 days at the Chattanooga Springhill. Their staff is top notch in customer service. Anything our group needed was quickly attained. Very clean (super important to me) and chic hotel. Breakfast area isn't large but works ok. Will be great when river walk is finished. Would go back in a heartbeat!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2012

for a business or vacation trip to chattanooga, we would recommend the springhill suites.

moderately priced
excellent service
top drawer congeniality by the entire staff ( when was the last time you walked past a housekeeping person and were greeted good morning ? everyone here did .)
extensive breakfast bar.
great central location
facility is new and fresh
innovative furnishings and arrangement in the rooms
and part of the marriott family

will stay again on our next visit and strongly recommend to others.

a visitor from central massachussetts

Room Tip: face the river
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This place is beautiful. The rooms incredible and the Staff is the Best I've ever come across.
It was a little pain walking/driving downtown every time we wanted to do something.
My only REAL complaint was the smoking right outside the Front door. I have no problem with people doing it I just hate to have to walk through it every time I leave or enter the place. I'm sure the hotel could find a better area for guests.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Mu husband and I arrived for a little weekend getaway to visit the Chattanooga Aquarium, and we checked in to the Springhill Suites on the riverfront at about 5 p.m. We had to wait a little bit due to other guests checking in at the same time, but that's to be expected. I hadn't realized there was some sort of youth soccer convention going on at the same time, so the hotel was primarily 10-15 year old soccer boys (and a few girls) and their families.

The hotel itself was very lovely; the decor and the layout was welcoming and free, and the patio's features were very nice for both lounging and dining. Our room was a king-bed room with a small separate living room area. The decor was polished and calming, and the room was very nice. The modern style of the hotel extended into the bathroom and it was really very appealing. The TV was offset from the foot of the bed, so we had to turn it a little to see what we were watching at night, but that's not really a big deal. The bed linens were wonderful, and my husband found the mattress superb. I'm not a firm-mattress person, so I really didn't have an opinion on it, but since he loves the firm ones to sleep on, he assures me that it was a really restful sleep he achieved.

The pool downstairs was nice; it wasn't too humid (which a lot of indoor pools are), and the spa/whirlpool was really invigorating. There were plenty of seats and there were plenty of towels. This was a good thing because the aforementioned soccer youth descended upon the pool like kids often do. It cleared out after we returned from our activities in town, and by the time we made it down to the pool 9:30 p.m., there was only a single family, and we were pretty much free to relax and splash around.

The morning was made great by a hot breakfast downstairs; there was a bit of a madhouse down there at all times due to the youth presence, but we managed just fine. the food was better than I have had at other hotels, and the selections available were appreciated. The waffle station was a big hit!

Check out and check in were painless, though I did not see if there was any expedited or "leave the keys in the room" type check out process. if there is, that would be good to mention to guests or to inform them of in their guest services book in each room.

All in all, it was a great trip, and it was made that much better by our stay here. We'd definitely stay here again, and if all Marriott group hotels are as lovely as this, we'll be a Marriott family for life!

Room Tip: The non-balcony rooms are generally priced less, though you don't always get a river view. Howev...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple