SpringHill Suites Chattanooga Downtown/Cameron Harbor
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Very nice hotel! One of the nicest that I have stayed in recently. They upgraded us to a room with a balcony without me asking. We had a great view of the river and the suite had an excellent design with nice high end touches. Breakfast was good with scrambled eggs, bacon plus the standard continental items. The only knock is that you have to pay an extra $8 for parking. I have never been a fan of that practice and hotels should cover that in the price. However, we would stay here again when visiting Chattanooga.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the river.
Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Korean first
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We had to stay in Chattanooga for a business trip and most of my other co-workers were staying here so I decided to as well. It's located right on the river, less than a mile to the aquarium area. The lobby was beautiful, and the girls at the front desk were very nice and welcoming. I was a little suprised that there was a parking fee since there was no garage or valet, but since it is close to downtown I guess they have to keep track of who is parking in their lot. It was also very minimal ( $7.32). The room was also very nice it's got modern decoration. There was a small frige and microwave included with the room. A good size tv located between the living area and bed area. The bathroom was pretty large and had a very nice shower. The bed was comfortable and I slept well. There's an fitness center, indoor pool and hot tub in the hotel as well I didn't get a chance to stop by this time but I will next time. If I could rate it a 4.5 I would the only negatives I had were: I could hear the wake up calls for both rooms on either side of us. It wasn't bad since I had to get up early as well but didn't want to wake that early. The other complaint was the bathroom door was mostly made up of translucent material. Looks nice during the day but in the dark of early morning while I was taking a shower and getting ready my boyfriend could not sleep any extra because the light from the bathroom was just so bright on the bed. So if you are traveling alone or everyone will be up when its light then it will be no problem. Once again an awesome stay and I would most definetly stay here again!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 29, 2012

When I arrived I was disappointed it wasn't truly "downtown", but the aquarium is just 3 blocks away, a pleasant walk. The outdoor area is nice and a good place for breakfast or just to get out in the evening.

Room Tip: The hotel is LEED certified, so be sure you turn your A/C down in the day because once the sun goes...
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just beautiful! The rooms are so bright and cheery, also very clean. Best Marriott brand in Chattanooga by far. The location is great and worth the small parking fee. Considering we were there on a weekend, it was quiet, we slept wonderfully on their cozy bed with nice crisp sheets. We skipped breakfast, it was mayhem, although what food hadn't been ravaged by the wolves, looked like a decent spread. Went to a local coffee joint for a nice egg croissant instead. The only real negative was at check-out, the woman was not happy, nor did she ask how our stay was, which I kind of expect as a gold member. I'll definitely go back for a peaceful getaway on the river.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
SpringHillGM37402, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chattanooga Downtown/Cameron Harbor, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We take all comments and suggestions very seriously and hope to provide the most satisfying guest experience possible. We value you as a Gold Elite member and we appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and SpringHill Suites. We have addressed the above issue with the front desk staff. We certainly hope that you choose to stay with us during your next visit to Chattanooga.

Respectfully,
Jake Honegger
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The hotel was new so it was very clean. The Rooms were very nice as all Springhill Suites are. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My wife and I stayed of e-tickets from Marriott for the 18th annual beer festival, very short walk to the event. The hotel is also close enough to downtown that it was a simple drive in to check out downtown Chattanooga. I will stay her again when I have business in Chattanooga.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
nashville
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This hotel was clean. Having worked at a Renaisance years ago, I developed a taste for the higher end hotel and all the amenities that come along with the price. Oddly, this was pricier than the Marriott downtown, but we had a friend & family rate so it worked out to be less. We are a a young couple in our early thirties and this was our first trip together. Being on the river and having the river front park to walk through on our way into the city for dinner was wonderful and a peaceful way to return for the night. You really can walk to almost everything from this hotel. The only fuss we will make is the lack of sincerity from one of the front desk associates. Every single person working in that hotel is sweet and accommodating, except for this one person who seemed to have a kind of sassy attitude. Otherwise, solid option for staying in downtown Chattanooga.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We take all comments and suggestions very seriously and seek to provide the most satisfying guest experience possible. We have addressed the above issue with the front desk staff and we intend to do all that we can to meet all your hospitality needs in the future. We certainly hope that you choose to stay with us during your next visit to Chattanooga, TN and thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites.

Respectfully,
Jake Honegger
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Love this property (with only a couple of gripes). Great location, just a stones throw from may restaurants and the baseball park. Great area to walk/run/ride bikes along the river. Very attractive lobby, common areas and rooms. Very "fresh" approach to the design... much brighter than most which I found very inviting. Be sure to ask for a room with a full river view. I was told I was "upgraded" to a river view room, but looking out my window I had only a great view of the rooms on the other side of the hotel (it's in a "U" shape of sorts). If I got right up to the window I could see the water, but nowhere else. These rooms, incidentally offer NO privacy, and the shade, although useful for privacy, does not allow you to enjoy any view or sunshine you might otherwise have. It's worth a little extra to get the full view and retain additional privacy. The other glaring thing that didn't make any sense to me is the parking. For the privilege of self-parking you are charged $8/day, and the only entrance from the parking lot leads directly in to a staircase with 10 or more steps up... terrible for carrying luggage to/from your room! So, you end up hoofing it bags and all to the front of the hotel. I think this charge is a serious error on the part of management, and hope they will either remove the charge or work it into their rate. The current setup only works against them at this point.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a FULL view of the river... you don't want to be on the sides.
2 Thank rodlandersal