“Simply YUMMMMM”

Cuisines: American
Chickamauga, Georgia
“Simply YUMMMMM”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We ate lunch here for the first time today and loved it! I took a friend for her birthday and we had been to a nearby restaurant a few months ago and decided we wanted to try M.S.T. We were both very happy with our choice. We got there a bit early (11:30) because we did not know if the lunch crowd would be bad. It picked up quickly after our arrival, so it was a good choice. We were seated promptly and menus and water delivered quickly. The server was great, very attentive and great at talking about the menu items. We started with the fried pickle chips, very tasty, but also quite spicy. My friend got the chicken sandwich and fries, I got a burger and sweet potato fries. Our food came out quickly and cooked just right. Everything was fresh and delicious. I think the buns were home made. Neither of us could finish our meal, but I did get a cupcake to bring home because I had heard they were wonderful. Not sure my kids will get to taste it because I can attest to the fact tat it is great! It was a comfortable atmosphere, great service and yummy food! Great way to start my long weekend! WILL go back for sure!

• Visited October 2012

Chattanooga, TN
“pleasantly surprised! Worth coming back to”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Last night was a ladies get-together for dinner at the Tavern, and we were pleasantly surprised! Food was very good and the Tuesday night atmosphere was nice and laid back. the Fried Green tomato starter was very yummy--three slices of thickly breaded tomatoes were covered in a corn/avocado cream sauce that really elevated the dish. I had the shrimp & grits and was surprised to find the (very cheesy, creamy) grits were fried into triangle patties with the shrimp and a creamy tomato sauce over the top. Very very yummy flavor, but the shrimp were too overcooked and tough. I also got a cheap glass of pino grigio that was nothing to write home about. Another girl ordered the BBQ pork dish and it came out on top of some cornbread in a little personal skillet and she reported that it was excellent. Tuesday night is currently "pimp your mac" night, where you can get a large bowl of mac-n-cheese for $5 plus whatever you'd like to add, at various costs per--it looked like a big bowl of comfort! Those two dishes (pork & mac) were the big winners of the night. There was also a fried green tomato po'boy sandwich that was HUGE, an also-large chipotle chicken sandwich with avocado slices, and a meatloaf sandwich, all reported to be good. Definitely worth a come-back visit!

• Visited September 2012
Summerville, Georgia
“Great food!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We attened night fall (bike ride) They serve up a great hamburger! How ever they did try and serve us HOT beer! But, sd they had sold out of beer and restocking. I understand with the huge crowd that was there! we loved it and will return! The staff was great and very accomidating!! We will be back!

• Visited August 2012