“Came home with two bed bug bits on lower back of my child.”

Comfort Inn & Suites - Lookout Mountain
Ranked #18 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed November 14, 2010

We stayed in Room# 307 in 2nd week of Nov 2010. Arrived home 24 hours later and my child showed me two bed bug bits on his lower back. We had to wash everything that we packed or that touched the hotel floor so that our home would not get infested. This includes: computer bag, cooler, shoes, car pillows, stuffed animals, all clothes, suit case, camera bag, socks etc.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank gasnailer

Reviewed November 11, 2010

.....the rooms are just not very nice. I thought this would be like a comfort suites, but apparently If you add the words "Inn &" the quality level drops dramatically!

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Upon arrival my mom and my sisters thought the hotel seemed quite nice. When we were getting settled in our room, I noticed that a wash cloth had been left behind the edge of the bed, and the room had not been dusted in awhile. The hot tub was dirty, and the excercise room smelled a very musty oder you could not stay in the room for 5 minutes, let alone try to excersice for a half hour. We stayed 2 nights, if we were going to be gone any longer we would have checked into another motel.. It was a disapointment.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We only stayed one night at this hotel. The front desk person was very friendly and offered us suggestions for dinner and gave a coupel fo coupons. Our room was very clean and nicely appointed. Nothing spectacular, but it was comfortable. We did not try the free wi-fi. The free breakfast area was small and crowded, so we opted to go else where to eat.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed July 19, 2010

We choice this hotel when coming back from Florida. It is conveniently located off of Highway 24. The hotel is located right next to a Quality Inn and a Mcdonalds. It shares a pool with the Quality Inn next door. The parking lot is small and poorly lit. It made me nervous leaving my car down there, which is something I did not feel at the other hotels I stayed on this trip. The hotel is decent. The room was an average size, it did smell (to me it smelled like an orange cleaner), but all people in my group couldn't decide what the smell was. The hotel price was high which I attribute to being so close to Lookout Mountain and Ruby Falls. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful, I would say the best part of this hotel. Restaurants (besides Mcdonalds) are not nearby, but can be found one or two exits up. Overall the hotel was ok, but I think you could find something better (especially if its just passing by on the way home).

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Not a bad place to stay, room was very clean, bathroom roomy and clean, night check-in clerk friendly.
Even though free internet was advertised , it was impossible to access from the room.
Desk clerk was no help in getting it.
Parking was horrible and the parking lot was very dark, really needs lighting.
Our car was scratched in the parking lot.
No easy to walk to restaurants nearby except for the golden arches.
Morning breakfast was so so, needed a little more.
Day clerk upon check out was hard to understand, barely spoke english.
Overall , we would stay here again but will probably find another hotel next time through
Chattanooga.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2010

I have only stayed at two hotels that were gross enough to inspire me to write a review in an attempt to warn other travelers. This hotel ranks second in that regard. They put us in room 110 which is located right behind the lobby. The room was filthy. The wall looked as if someone threw a soft drink at it and it ran down and was never cleaned up. The bathroom had mold growing around the bottom of the tub/floor area. The tub was a dingy brown/gray and it looked like it needed a bleach scrub down. With that being said I didn't even want to think about the bedding/pillows which is why I travel with my own. Husband swears he was itchy all night- I did not see any signs of bed bugs, just rough sheets. You will not have a quality bed situation here.

We skipped the free breakfast based on the dirty conditions of the room- I did not want to think about the food issues or take a chance on spending the rest or our journey hugging the chrome bowl. Avoid this establishment at all cost and continue down the road to something nicer. Also avoid the McDonalds right next to the hotel- food was worse than normal MacDonalds.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family