“It was not up to the standard of the other Comfort Inn's we have stayed.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites - Lookout Mountain

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Comfort Inn & Suites - Lookout Mountain
Ranked #32 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Delton
“It was not up to the standard of the other Comfort Inn's we have stayed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2010

Upon arrival my mom and my sisters thought the hotel seemed quite nice. When we were getting settled in our room, I noticed that a wash cloth had been left behind the edge of the bed, and the room had not been dusted in awhile. The hot tub was dirty, and the excercise room smelled a very musty oder you could not stay in the room for 5 minutes, let alone try to excersice for a half hour. We stayed 2 nights, if we were going to be gone any longer we would have checked into another motel.. It was a disapointment.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

We only stayed one night at this hotel. The front desk person was very friendly and offered us suggestions for dinner and gave a coupel fo coupons. Our room was very clean and nicely appointed. Nothing spectacular, but it was comfortable. We did not try the free wi-fi. The free breakfast area was small and crowded, so we opted to go else where to eat.

• Stayed August 2010
Wasilla, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

We choice this hotel when coming back from Florida. It is conveniently located off of Highway 24. The hotel is located right next to a Quality Inn and a Mcdonalds. It shares a pool with the Quality Inn next door. The parking lot is small and poorly lit. It made me nervous leaving my car down there, which is something I did not feel at the other hotels I stayed on this trip. The hotel is decent. The room was an average size, it did smell (to me it smelled like an orange cleaner), but all people in my group couldn't decide what the smell was. The hotel price was high which I attribute to being so close to Lookout Mountain and Ruby Falls. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful, I would say the best part of this hotel. Restaurants (besides Mcdonalds) are not nearby, but can be found one or two exits up. Overall the hotel was ok, but I think you could find something better (especially if its just passing by on the way home).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

Not a bad place to stay, room was very clean, bathroom roomy and clean, night check-in clerk friendly.
Even though free internet was advertised , it was impossible to access from the room.
Desk clerk was no help in getting it.
Parking was horrible and the parking lot was very dark, really needs lighting.
Our car was scratched in the parking lot.
No easy to walk to restaurants nearby except for the golden arches.
Morning breakfast was so so, needed a little more.
Day clerk upon check out was hard to understand, barely spoke english.
Overall , we would stay here again but will probably find another hotel next time through
Chattanooga.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

I have only stayed at two hotels that were gross enough to inspire me to write a review in an attempt to warn other travelers. This hotel ranks second in that regard. They put us in room 110 which is located right behind the lobby. The room was filthy. The wall looked as if someone threw a soft drink at it and it ran down and was never cleaned up. The bathroom had mold growing around the bottom of the tub/floor area. The tub was a dingy brown/gray and it looked like it needed a bleach scrub down. With that being said I didn't even want to think about the bedding/pillows which is why I travel with my own. Husband swears he was itchy all night- I did not see any signs of bed bugs, just rough sheets. You will not have a quality bed situation here.

We skipped the free breakfast based on the dirty conditions of the room- I did not want to think about the food issues or take a chance on spending the rest or our journey hugging the chrome bowl. Avoid this establishment at all cost and continue down the road to something nicer. Also avoid the McDonalds right next to the hotel- food was worse than normal MacDonalds.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Chicagoland, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

We have stayed at a number of nice, newer Comfort Inns in the past year or so, so we thought we'd give this one a try. It was on trip to Florida, and we got there late and all the other hotels were booked in the area. Now I know why this one was still available.

The hotel wasn't cheap, it was 100.00 for the night. The parking lot was dark and next door to a Quality Inn Motel which didn't look all that nice. The people from the Quality Inn were walking through the lobby to use the pool at the Comfort Inn when we were checking in. We had requested a non-smoking room. We were assigned a room on the top floor which I guess was half smoking and half non-smoking. The hallways on that floor reeked of cigarette smoke. I mean it was very strong, smelled more than a bar at 2AM when the bar lights go on. The room was ok, beds comfortable etc, and luckily the smoke from the halls didn't follow us into the room, but it was kind of musty.

The following morning when we went down to get breakfast we were greeted by vomit next to the elevator, that someone had tossed a towel over instead of cleaning it up. Kind of started the morning off on a high note. The breakfast was packed and food not too fresh. When we saw some teenager drop the fork that you use to pick up the waffle from the waffle iron on the floor and then just pick it up and put it back on the counter, we really kind of lost our appetite. Then to make matters worse, the man behind the counter, handling the money, was running back and forth and stocking the food counter, not washing his hands. I think he may have been the owner. However to cap it all off, when my wife saw him picking his nose on his way to the food counter, to stock it, we just left.

We will never return to this location. It was just really kind of gross all the way around. As I said the room itself was clean and we slept ok, but with everything else going on, it didn't make up for it. We stayed in another Comfort Inn on our way back from Florida, in GA and it was night and day.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank sgtdisney
Houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

My family & I stayed at this hotel for one night. We reserved 3 rooms and the location off the Highway was easy and fast. The check in was swift. Two rooms were no problem they were neat but the rooms were a bit stuffy. We had to crank up the A/C to get it nice and cold, but one of the rooms (my parents/non smokers) had the one that stunk like cigarrette smoke. My father went to the front desk and the young lady gave him a small deodorant spray and said that it must have been one of the ladies who cleans the room smoking. My father said the deodorant was just a cover up, it did not eliminate the odor. The hotel has good lighting, plenty of parking but the pool is shared with the Quality Inn next door. There was a Hardee's and a McDonald's within 30-50 yards away for a meal if you don't want to drive. There is also a gasoline station within 30 yards for gas or small snacks. I drove over 14 hours to this hotel and so a train could have ran over me and wouldn't have woken up so there was no complaint on outside noise from our rooms. If I had to stay in Chattanooga again I would try another hotel and spend a little extra. The plus is that it was very close to Rock City & Lookout Mountain and it was close to the highway. It was impossible to even make it into the Breakfast area (approx 20x20) with alot of people so we went to McDonald's instead. Some of the family tried the coffee there and said it was pretty bad. Beware the taxes on your room are a bit steep.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family