“Great place to Stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites - Lookout Mountain
Ranked #17 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have become increasingly fond of Comfort Inn and Suites. Most of the time these have been comfortable clean and had a good, but not great breakfast. This one was a little better than some. The room was quite and comfortable. Loved the pillows. The rate reasonable. I travel often so I tend to look for consistency in Hotels. I love Drury's and Hampton Inns but Comfort Inn has become one of my top four brands. We got in late and the front desk was very nice. The breakfast hot and food bar stocked well. Driveway was a mess, but otherwise great stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Acebietz

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Room was decent, fairly big and clean.

Pool and hot tub were nice, but the hot tub was not very hot.

Carpet in halls was in need of replacement.

Poor location with very little in the way of dining in the area.

Poor, and I do mean poor breakfest.

Internet was slow and a pain to log into.

I will find someplace else on my next trip to the area

Room Tip: The next exit to the west off of 26 has a lot more choices of dining.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed overnight passing through the area. Didn't qualify for senior rate at age 56, won't ever join AARP. Did get reduced rate. Facitities, equipment is older but in decent working order. Room was okay. No thermostat on heat pump, had to guess at the comfortable setting.

Choice has some real issues with it's Wi-Fi. It seems to be a corporate problem. The authentication screen and corresponding Choice homepage pops up way too often and is quite annoying for anyone trying to concentrate on what they're doing online. It was bad at this property and also the Comfort Inn we stayed in in Florida the two days preceding this stay. Connectivity is kind of a necessity these days, and I'll be staying at chains that Wi-Fi seriously from now on.

Positives were location which is a stone's throw from I-24, and good coffee. Staff seemed fairly pleasant.

Room Tip: This was an "08" room by elevator, but we didn't notice any noise from it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Hotel management is ridiculous,, or virtually non existent! I am a Choice Priveledges member and have slept at hundreds of choice hotels, this one needs help. The quality inn is literally in the same parking lot for a lot less money but same stupid management. If looking for nicer choice hotel stay at sleep inn north of Chattanooga Shallowford drive. Excellent management, clean rooms, over and beyond. P.S. Same owner owns Quality INN next door.
Please vote helpful if I am :>

Room Tip: Get room at Shallowford Sleep Inn! Not here or Quality Inn Lookout Mnt
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank ENRN
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We booked here earlier in the month online and was glad we did. It is located just off the interstate and close to Lookout Mtn and Ruby falls. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. We arrived in late afternoon and the clerk said there was enough light left for us to visit Rock City (we asked) and so we headed there. Traffic was heavy but it wasn't far, so it really wasn't a problem. We found out that there was special night events there so we stayed and enjoyed ourselves. Got back to our room and settled in to get warm and rested. We slept well and breakfast was great. Lots of options.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rosifraz
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The room and hotel itself were fine. However, my initial experience with the front desk agent was upsetting. I've spent a lot of time in guest service and the standards I was accountable to always required me to service the guest standing in front of you rather than someone on the phone. I stood patiently for a few minutes while I waited for the agent to finish a sales phone call before saying something. The agent put her hand over the receiver (rather than asking the caller to hold) and was very nasty when I insisted she help me. She tossed my room keys (which were already prepared) and hit a button on the computer and my check in was complete. A process that might have taken 60 seconds.
The hotel developer also did a horrible job of picking where to build. The choices of food immediately surrounding the hotel were fast food, we had to travel up an exit on the interstate to find better food.

Room Tip: Check traffic before heading east-bound on I-24 in the morning on a week day...its a bad spot for gr...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We arrived very early and room wasn't ready but Sheri let us leave our bags and when our room was ready she had them put in our room. We were driving an SUV and didn't want to leave bags in car. She allowed us to use the computer to finish our travel plans then we were off tovisit lookout mountain sights. Perfect location, easy on and off highway to get anywhere. Staff very helpful on resturant suggestions, that were great!

• Stayed: November 2012