“NIice new place to stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites - Lookout Mountain
Ranked #17 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Indianapolis, IN
“NIice new place to stay”
Reviewed March 10, 2008

A newer facility with friendly staff and a nice continental breakfast with waffles, good coffee and other selections. The room was nicely furnished with chair, desk, mini fridge and microwave. Good value for the money and we would highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Newer hotel - good breafkast
  • Disliked — No problems
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Thank D.W.Melvin-2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
MABLETON
Reviewed October 28, 2007

My husband and I stayed at Comfort Inn & Suites this past weekend and had a marvelous time!

It's a wonderful hotel, with all the comforts and amenities one can imagine! Our room (3rd floor, non-smoking) was very spacious and well appointed. It had a refrigerator, microwave, iron, coffeemaker (with complementary packets of coffee, sugar, creamer, etc.), a very nice TV, a big desk, comfortable chairs, roomy closet with plenty of hangers, and well supplied bathroom with shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soaps, and lots of fluffy towels of different sizes. The hotel offers free wireless Internet connection (which we used--had our laptop with us), and there's also a computer in the lobby, free for hotel guests.

The beds are very comfortable, with fluffy pillows (4 per bed), soft sheets and blankets, and downy comforters.

The window opens to let fresh air in--a very important element for us. Our room was on the odd-number side of the hallway which is very quiet (the hotel is in a relatively quiet area anyway, but that side is especially so). The hotel was very peaceful and we slept very well.

The breakfast buffet was nice--3 kinds of cereal, bagels, bisquits, gravy, boiled eggs, waffle mix (people made their own waffles). We didn't eat there but plenty of hotel guests did and looked happy. On the subject of eating--adjacent to the hotel, there's a McDonald's and a Hardee's, also a Waffle House not too far, and of course, many other options in the area.

The hotel has a fitness area (looks good), a lovely swimming pool and a jacuzzi. The pool's heated and very relaxing to swim in. Towels were available from the reception desk. The staff were polite and expedient in all respects.

We wholeheartedly recommend this hotel! Staying there is worth every penny!

• Liked — Everything was great!
  • Disliked — We had no problems whatsoever!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BlackSea
Berwick, PA
Reviewed August 26, 2007

I own my own travel agency. In May of 2007 I booked three rooms for two nights each, for a family vacation. Several days prior to our arrival I found it necesary to cancel one of the rooms. I had written confirmations of the bookings and the cancellation. Upon arrival I was informed that the hotel was holding FIVE rooms in my name and FIVE rooms in my son-in-laws name for both nights.After my initial shock, I was "allowed" to speak with the manager. I was told the hotel would cancel the additional rooms for the second night, but since I had not cancelled 24 hours prior, they could not cancel eight (8) rooms for that night. The manager told me to conctact my travel agent (myself) to settle any dispute. When I explained that I was the agent, she asked me if I had called the hotel to confirm the reservations. I explained that I had the written confirmations, and had never found it necessary to call a hotel in the past 40 years of booking rooms. My written confirmations also stated "cancel by 6:00 pm DOA" This whole ordeal took approximately 1 hour, and was horrific. I'm glad it was me, and not one of my clients!

The hotel eventually DID cancel the additional rooms, and there was no extra charge to me, thankfuly. The check in process was bad enough, without having to go through a long drawn out law suit. As an additional comment, the same people own/manage the Quality Inn right next door.

As for the hotel...the price was right, the room was clean, the beds very comfortable (and the pillows were fantastic). It was just a shame that a damper had to be put on my family's visit to Chattanooga. Will I stay there again? NO. Will I recommend it to my clients? NO.

Stayed August 2007
Murray, Kentucky
Reviewed July 28, 2007

I was quite surprised by this hotel! The bedding was amazing, seems they have just updated the beds and linens. We stayed in a smoking room on the 4th floor (only 4 floors). This room had two queen beds, each had FOUR (foam/ with down feel pillows), NEW comforter's, each bed also had a foam/ down topper, under the top sheet! I was very impressed with this, it is not what I was expecting at all according to the ONE star rating on other sites. We had Belgin Waffles (make your own 2 minutes), breakfast also included hard boiled eggs, various sweet rolls, biscuits and gravy, cold cereal, hot oatmeal, several types of bread for toast. The only complaint was a very small chair with matching footstool (burn hole).

On Sat evening did have to call the front desk because of loud noises about 1:30 am, after the call the noise stopped.

This is a very family oriented hotel, I would highly recommend to hotel to anyone.

I got a very good deal at comfortinns.com. I did call the hotel directly cheaper quote from the main web site.

• Liked — Beds, and BEDDING LUXURIOUS- free Wi-fi too!
  • Disliked — New chairs or love seats need to be installed
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Tammy_Gilly
Dallas
Reviewed July 20, 2007

Nothing spectacular, but a perfectly serviceable Comfort Inn. Rooms were about average in size and the bed, while not up to Hampton Inn standards, was not bad. The usual Comfort Inn breakfast with waffles was filling, if not gourmet. The location is best if you're planning to see Rock City or any of the other Lookout Mountain attractions. If you're not expecting the Ritz, it's a pretty good deal for the price!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed May 7, 2006

The Sleep Inn is just around the corner from downtown Chattanooga off the I24 just below Lookout Mtn. It has 4 floors with an elevator and was very clean/new with a heated pool and hot tub which was very generously heated! Rooms were average size with cable tv, fridge, microwave, a/c unit, alarm clock. phone, blow dryer, and wifi internet. Free continental/hot breakfast such as fruit, juice, coffee, milk, breads, cereal, pastries, and make your own waffle's. We would recommend this place and would stay here next time we are in the Chattanooga area!

• Stayed May 2006
7 Thank Swen
alabama
Reviewed April 22, 2006

Nice room, great whirlpool and pool, good customer service. Nice location.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business