I stayed here while attending a convention at the center across the street. The location was extremely convenient and the gated parking lot is great. (And it only costs $3 a day versus the Marriott on the other end of the convention center, which charges $10 or $12 a day.)
I booked a studio suite and it was fairly spacious; additionally, having the efficiency kitchen (fridge, microwave, small stovetop, sink, dishwasher) was a great way to save money on eating out. I was also pleasantly surprised to discover that they serve a decent *free* continental breakfast, and on this particular weekend they served it until 10:30, which is much later than most places that offer free breakfast.
The only issues with my stay were very minor ones. The elevators are very slow (especially when you're trying to go down) and the stairs only lead outside. I asked for a late checkout on Sunday (even an extra hour would have been nice) and was given an emphatic and not exactly POLITE "We don't have any available today." Also, despite using a CREDIT card for my reservation, they put an additional hold totaling about 15% of the cost of my stay on my card - without any warning. I had to call to ask them about it when I got home and saw that I was being charged so much more than my reservation confirmation said - and was only then told about this additional charge that "would fall off within three business days".
Though there isn't much else (outside of the convention center) on this side of the city, it was convenient enough for my needs and also quite a bit cheaper than the Marriott or the Choo Choo. Overall, I'm pleased with this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Staybridge Suites Downtown Chattanooga Convention Center, conveniently located to the Tennessee Aquarium, The Riverbend Festival, IMAX Theater, Creative Discovery Museum, Finley Park, Lookouts Ball Park, Southern Belle Riverboat, TVA, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Krystal, Cigna & Erlanger Hospital. Staybridge Suites downtown Chattanooga is a great place to stay for business or pleasure. Rock City & Ruby Falls, located atop scenic Lookout Mountain, are only a short drive away. Be sure to check out our attraction package rates! Choose from three spacious suite accommodations: studio, one-bedroom or two-bedroom/two-bath. All suites feature fully equipped kitchens, in-room DVD players, separate work area with two-line speaker phones and complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access. At your leisure, enjoy our indoor pool, hot tub and fitness center. In addition, we offer free guest laundry services, a 24-hour business center & 24/7 convenience store. Rates include a hot breakfast bar and overnight parking. Join us Tuesday - Thursday evenings at our Sundowner Reception for complimentary food & beverages. Riverbend Festival-A nine day musical festival on the 21st Century Waterfront along the Tennessee River featuring artists from many different genres. Staybridge is a pet-friendly facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown Hotel Chattanooga
- Chattanooga Staybridge Suites