“Good Downtown Hotel near the Chattanooga Convention Center”

Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #20 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Staybridge Suites is directly across the street from the Chattanooga Convention Center and a few miles away from the Downtown entertainment district. It's a very well kept extended stay hotel in a safe part of the city. I have stayed here several times while on business working with Tennessee Valley Authority and every time the stay has met or exceeded my expectations. The staff has always been polite and professional and always provided whatever assistance I needed in a timely manner. Overall the room conditions and hotel ammenities have been great. The full service breakfast and evening light dinner is standard food, but it's not bad quality and is better than a lot of hotels that charge their guests for food service. The only real reason why I didn't rate Staybridge Suites as excellent was because of the street noise which goes on throughout the evening. This is no fault of the Staybridge Suites, but sometimes the vehicle traffic or noise from the Convention Center will carry on well past midnight if there is a large event going on. If you're not part of the activities at the Convention Center then the crowds and noise can be distracting. Overall I would highly recommend the Staybridge Suites becasue of the amenities and the exceptional service of the staff and managers.

Room Tip: Check the Chattanooga Convention Center events calendar before your arrival. This will let you know...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GermanyTwinsFan
There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We reserved the two bedroom, two bath suite for the weekend as we were meeting a longtime friend and did not want to miss a moment together. Ths suite was great, comfortable beds and furniture, nice kitchen (no stove) but we did not want to cook anyway. I have difficulty walking and thought it was a little far to the shuttle, be you can take a cab anywhere in Chattanooga for $3.00 per person, so we did that most of the time. This is an older hotel but well kept. Breakfast was very good. I left something in the room and they were very nice about mailing it to me

I would give it a higher rating if they had a courtesy car and was a little closer to downtown. We would definately stay there again for the price and good service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear jacksara52,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 24, 2013

enjoyed a delightful stay at this hotel June 14 to June 21. room was clean and comfortable, and had 2 tv's: one for kids, one for adults. breakfast was varied and delicious. pool/hot tub was clean and extra towels provided. laundry facility was clean and convenient. entire staff was cheerful and accommodating, anxious to please. highly recommend this facility and look forward to staying there again. also had tables and grills for outdoor cooking. thank you Staybridge!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Very nice suite rooms, pets are welcome,staff was very accommodating and the breakfast was a step above other places we have stayed. It was located downtown and very close to several restaurants, shopping and very close to the local mountain attractions.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I can't say enough about this hotel. I read a lot of great reviews about it before I booked a room here. The positive reviews were all true. It is a wonderful family friendly place to stay. The hotel staff is more than helpful. Justin at the front desk is so sweet! He went above and beyond to make our family feel at home. The breakfast was very tasty. There were lots of choices and everything was marvelous. The rooms here are comfortable, and the on-site parking is a rare find in the downtown area. I will stay here again. I will recommend it to all my friends.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The hotel is about a mile from downtown and they advertise that they are close to the free bus service. It is quite a little walk to the bus pick up center which is on the other side of the convention center and the Marriot. I would not like to walk back from there to the hotel if it was dark! Keep in mind we are an older couple- younger people may not have an issue with this.That said- the hotel was clean and comfortable, the free parking was a plus ( I mean really people- charging for parking is just not right!) The hotel had free wi-fi which took me a while to figure out how to set up ( old fogey- I guess younger people would probably have no trouble.)The free breakfast was awesome- many selections, kept hot, and quite tasty! The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. I felt the front check in staff were professional but not all that friendly. I personally like to feel that someone appreciates me choosing that hotel.( Do not get me wrong they were not rude)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

When we checked in we were told we would have 2 double beds instead of 1 king bed. Even if we booked it. It is first come first serve.
The room had a kitchen but no oven. It even had a dishwasher.
Every morning they had full breakfast with coke products all free. On Tuesday thru Thursday at 5:30 they had meals with wines and 2 beers on draft. Help yourself and u see all the men standing around drinking beer. The meals were real good grilled chicken breast and Caesar salad. All included in your room price.

• Stayed: June 2013