Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown
$116
Country Inn
$110
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Royal Inn(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
$80
$69
$149
$149
The Chattanoogan(Chattanooga)
$171
$118
  • Pool
Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
$100
$89
Good 3.5/5
$115
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsconvention centergated parking lotliving roomsmall kitchenfull size fridgefree laundrysocial hourkitchen areadirectly across the streethot breakfasteach morningwafflesstaff was friendlyking suitefront desk staffwonderful hotelnice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Very nice suite rooms, pets are welcome,staff was very accommodating and the breakfast was a step above other places we have stayed. It was located downtown and very close to several restaurants, shopping and very close to the local mountain attractions.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I can't say enough about this hotel. I read a lot of great reviews about it before I booked a room here. The positive reviews were all true. It is a wonderful family friendly place to stay. The hotel staff is more than helpful. Justin at the front desk is so sweet! He went above and beyond to make our family feel at home. The breakfast was very tasty. There were lots of choices and everything was marvelous. The rooms here are comfortable, and the on-site parking is a rare find in the downtown area. I will stay here again. I will recommend it to all my friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The hotel is about a mile from downtown and they advertise that they are close to the free bus service. It is quite a little walk to the bus pick up center which is on the other side of the convention center and the Marriot. I would not like to walk back from there to the hotel if it was dark! Keep in mind we are an older couple- younger people may not have an issue with this.That said- the hotel was clean and comfortable, the free parking was a plus ( I mean really people- charging for parking is just not right!) The hotel had free wi-fi which took me a while to figure out how to set up ( old fogey- I guess younger people would probably have no trouble.)The free breakfast was awesome- many selections, kept hot, and quite tasty! The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. I felt the front check in staff were professional but not all that friendly. I personally like to feel that someone appreciates me choosing that hotel.( Do not get me wrong they were not rude)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

When we checked in we were told we would have 2 double beds instead of 1 king bed. Even if we booked it. It is first come first serve.
The room had a kitchen but no oven. It even had a dishwasher.
Every morning they had full breakfast with coke products all free. On Tuesday thru Thursday at 5:30 they had meals with wines and 2 beers on draft. Help yourself and u see all the men standing around drinking beer. The meals were real good grilled chicken breast and Caesar salad. All included in your room price.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank goodfod
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We used this hotel for 1 night to unwind and repack our cases after a 1 month vacation in Tennessee en-route to Atlanta airport. The car park is large, with plenty of space and easy to find. When we arrived, there were 3 sets of guests in front, but the check in staff were friendly and efficient, soon clearing them. Our reservation was exactly as we expected, and there was a bonus of a 'spin the wheel' gift where we 'won' a bonus 500 priority points - everyones favourite! (and a nice touch - thank you).
Our room was on the first floor, and farthest away from reception, but hey, I guessed it would be quieter that way. The hotel was in the middle of a complete refurbishment and new furniture was being delivered all over the place. Getting a lift was a nightmare, as all were full with workmen and cardboard boxes - grr. Well we arrived in our room, which was nice and big, with all the facilities we would want. Oh, then there was a knock on the door and one of the managers said we had a chair too many, and someone else came in and took one away. it was nice that all the furniture was brand new, but oh the smell was strong and we had to open the windows to try and vent some of the newness which was overpowering. It sounds like I'm complaining, but it really was difficult with so much new smell in the room. Our booking included prepaid tickets to Ruby Falls, Rock City and Lookout Mountain, so we headed out to find them. In the end we ran out of time to see Rock City, but the other two were great and unmissable. Later that evening we were going to walk to a restaurant, but eventually ordered using the 'dinnerdelivered' service because we were so tired. I dont know whether this is particular to Chattannooga, but we thought it was great! The ease of ordering was ..well, easy and delivery was within 10 mins! Our sleep was comfortable and quiet, but the smell of all the new stuff was still there so we didnt sleep too well, but the air conditioning was quiet and effective. Breakfast time was not good. The dining area was crowded (I know the hotel cant help everyone coming together) but there was nowhere to sit, every available surface was piled with used plates, and yes the men were still taking and delivering furniture which was now starting to build up in the corridors. There were no trays so that people could take breakfast in their rooms and you guessed it, a crowd of people waiting for a lift, all with full plates so some spills and accidents were inevitable. I couldnt find the stairs to get to the first floor (this may not be very useful if there was a fire) so had to wait for the lift which was being monopolised by the delivery men. When I got to my room, it was good there was a microwave because our food was now cold.
Oh please don't read this and think the hotel is rubbish, because it is good. Its just that they were going through the very trying time of having a hotel full of guests and a refurb at the same time (lesson to be learned here - don't book 100% when you are having work done) and this is why I have rated average instead of very good because i still think that the hotel has potential and I like the brand and how it works.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Concord Pit
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Concord Pit,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff and the fine location of our hotel. We would like to apologize for the unusual smell of the new furniture in your room and any inconvenience the on-going renovation may have caused you. We're also sorry our breakfast area and our elevator services was less than satisfactory. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M