First I must say that overall the experience we had at this hotel was good. Nothing exceptional, nothing disgusting. Where my problem lies with this hotel was that we reserved 2 baby beds well in advance and even called the night before we left home to confirm AND when I checked in at 1:30pm (early check-in) the front desk staff asked if we still needed the beds and I said 'yes'. At 6pm an hour before the 8 month old goes to bed, I called the front desk to see if the beds could be brought up... NO BEDS! already given to another guest because they are first come first serve I was told. Well that would have been nice to know in advance. If we had been told there was ANY chance we might not get a crib we would have brought the portable cribs from home. However the worst thing was that the staff really didn't seem to care that much and thought it was fine just to say that was their policy and I was supposed to just suck it up and take it; I didn't, I was enraged because of all of the confirming that we tried to do in advance. About 9pm they brought up a pack-n-play and said it really wasn't 'allowed' any more but they would let us use it. We had to go to Walmart and buy a second pack-n-play for the 20 month old.
The only negative comments are that the bathroom in the lobby and in the pool area were pretty dirty although they were very busy and although the carpet and paint in our room looked new the comforter was in pretty bad shape and had cigarette burns in it.
On the positive side, I love the location of this hotel. The breakfast is one of the best hotel breakfasts I have encountered and the rooms are spacious and have a lot of amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Staybridge Suites Downtown Chattanooga Convention Center, conveniently located to the Tennessee Aquarium, The Riverbend Festival, IMAX Theater, Creative Discovery Museum, Finley Park, Lookouts Ball Park, Southern Belle Riverboat, TVA, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Krystal, Cigna & Erlanger Hospital. Staybridge Suites downtown Chattanooga is a great place to stay for business or pleasure. Rock City & Ruby Falls, located atop scenic Lookout Mountain, are only a short drive away. Be sure to check out our attraction package rates! Choose from three spacious suite accommodations: studio, one-bedroom or two-bedroom/two-bath. All suites feature fully equipped kitchens, in-room DVD players, separate work area with two-line speaker phones and complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access. At your leisure, enjoy our indoor pool, hot tub and fitness center. In addition, we offer free guest laundry services, a 24-hour business center & 24/7 convenience store. Rates include a hot breakfast bar and overnight parking. Join us Tuesday - Thursday evenings at our Sundowner Reception for complimentary food & beverages. Riverbend Festival-A nine day musical festival on the 21st Century Waterfront along the Tennessee River featuring artists from many different genres. Staybridge is a pet-friendly facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown Hotel Chattanooga
- Chattanooga Staybridge Suites