“Beautiful Property” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Overland Park, KS
“Beautiful Property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Downtown Staybridge Suites for one night as we were traveling through Chattanooga. I chose the property primarily because it was one of only a few Chattanooga hotels that accepted pets without an unreasonably high deposit. I had stayed at a Staybridge property before for a long-term stay and expected a very nice property with lots of amenities, and we were not disappointed.

I had some misgivings about a downtown property, primarily because of potential traffic and parking problems. With a car full to the brim after a one-month vacation, we didn't want to have to park in a remote location or have only valet parking available. However, the hotel has an adjacent parking lot which is gated for security, which we really appreciated since we had our golf clubs in the car. The property was extremely convenient to the highway and was easy to find, and it was an absolute breeze to get back on the highway the next morning. There were many restaurants within walking distance, and even more a little further away but still in the downtown area.

The room was very clean, as was the lobby. We were far from the elevator, which we like. Our room overlooked the courtyard and parking lot, away from the street side, but the area appears to be pretty quiet so room location probably isn't critical.

Staybridge lobby is lovely and one of the few modern hotels where you actually see people congregating in the lobby. Unfortunately, we didn't arrive early enough in the evening to enjoy the drinks or dinner, but even after dinner hour was over, there were people sitting near the fire visiting or reading the paper. The room with kitchen and separate bedroom, with two TVs, was honestly more than we needed for a one-night visit. However, it would be ideal for a longer stay. I would definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Evensville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I checked in onFeb. 24th 2013 for 3 nights. The romm was so nasty that I had to check out the next morning. The counter in the room was all cracked and chipped, the carpet had something ground into it in places, the phone cord in the bedroom was showing naked wires, the sofa and the chair had some kind of VERY visable stain on them, and what took me over the edge was when I started to take a shower, there was long hair all in the bath tub.
I will never stay in another staybridge suite again!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Ken F
1453Mack, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Ken,

Your review of the hotel is not typical of our regular comments on TripAdvisor. I would have hoped that you would have reached out to me personally via telephone or email if your stay was truly that unsatisfactory. Your comments are very different than the other reviews that we usually recieve. We are ranked very well in TripAdvisor. We take our guests comments very seriously and always strive to be the best in guest satisfaction.

Jim Sheppard
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This property was a typical Staybridge. The staff was friendly and the property was clean and updated. I had 2 kids 7 and 10 with me and alothough its a good walk to the main downtown area, it's in a decent location. The breakfast is great...all of it: selection, quality and quantity. Did not get to try the dinner, since they only serve that Tues-Thurs. The pool and hottub were fine for kids but even though it was 'heated" it was too cold for any adult that was down there. Unfortunately, the hot tub couldn't get hot enough.
Overall, clean rooms, nice staff and a decent rate. I would stay here again based on our experience but not if it were the same price as the more centrally located downtown properties.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a new hotel right on the river within walking distance to downtown, aquarium, and restaurants. The personnel were cheerful and helpful and the rooms are spotless. There is a fee for parking, but once you park at the hotel, you can walk to most of the tourist attractions. You can hop right on the riverfront walkway near the hotel. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding.

Room Tip: Rooms with river view are worth it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I recently just finished staying at the staybridge downtown for 6 weeks on business. The hotel has a great location and great parking. Everything about the hotel was smooth and easy going. There was one weekend when a huge cheerleading/dance competition had the place booked and besides the lobby area the noise was no to bad. Breakfast and weeknight dinners were good and the kitchen space allowed me to easily cook for myself. Would highly recommend long term stays here. Only negative is wish the workout room had more options.

• Stayed January 2013
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I arrived very late one evening for a business trip the next morning. No problems checking in, the room was fine--clean and everything worked, although I was put in a handicap accessible room, as my preferred room type was not available. Breakfast was good, as far as hotel free breakfasts go, and no problems anywhere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

My family arrived right at 11PM 2 nights ago, the young girl at front desk apparently was in a super hurry to leave her shift that she spoke to us 100mph "Vroom vroom vroom welcome this is your keys, this is your that, breakfast is this, spin this wheel, here's a bag of bottles" (we are priority club members / vacation club using our points to stay) and she just left us in the dust. Don't like the parking situation, had to drive around to park, and it's late at night, parking spots are rare, had to unload and walk a long distance to the back door/gate which was hard to find, at 30+ degrees windchill, with a 4 month old baby, and a 4 year old. Not a good start.
WIFI FAILED. tantusnetwork innflux fail kept showing up. Called frontdesk, he was a helpful and professional in nature. He didn't have good answers. Told me to go downstairs. We tinkered around, rebooted my comp 3 times per his suggestion, still didn't work. Asked him if he has laptop and if he can try to log in, he couldn't. 5 minutes later it miraculously worked. I went back to my room tired with the laptop. It's past midnight now. Wifi finally got through (no innflux fail) 20 minutes later with snail speed. Couldn't get anything done with such low speed, turned it off, went to bed.
Breakfast was great as the standard with Staybridge. (Suggestion to management: turkey sausage por favor? everything in every staybridge is either pork products or egg. Many people don't eat pork FYI), but regardless, the breakfast is still two or three notches above many other hotel chains. All kinds of options, hot or cold, buffet style. Awesome selection of beverages, fruits, etc.
Room was good. Air somewhat stuffy, but maybe because the air outside was so cold. Room was very clean and neat. Love the kitchen and the provided utensils, and humongous full size 5 feet tall refrigerator and freezer!
Because of my allergies, I'm not a big fan of animals sleeping with humans or being inside the house much. I've had an Alaskan Malamute and it was awesome, but he stayed outside. Hate cats. In one night stay here, I saw several dogs with owners, leashed. At least they weren't barking. I'm reconsidering future stays if animals are acceptable in ALL staybridge suites. It was my fault for not checking first.
Checkout was great. An African American lady in her 50s? was very nice and professional.
Pillows and mattresses were great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1453Mack, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. We certainly appreciate your comments. We will address your comments about the hotel. We hope that you will visit us again the next time that you are in Chattanooga. If I can be of any assistance, please contact me personally.

Jim Sheppard