“Great place & great staff.”

Econo Lodge Lookout Mountain
Ranked #67 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
“Great place & great staff.”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This is a really great EconoLodge. The rooms were spacious, were clean. The bathroom was spacious and clean. No stains or odors at all. Nice updated shower and wall paper -proves this place is cared for. Not many "budget" places take time to update their rooms & this location has. I wish ALL ECONO LODGES were as nice as this one. Cheers!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We came into Chattanooga without reservations during the Longest Yard Sale week. It took forever to find this room, but it was a welcome find. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was about what we expected for Econo Lodge. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. We slept good and hit the road the next morning safe, well rested and happy.

Room Tip: Make reservations in this area during Longest Yard Sale week....
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank YuontoGo
Indian Shores, Florida
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Can't expect much at the Econo Lodge level (in Choice Privileges). It was advertised newly renovated. The room was OK, quiet at least and clean, amenities a bare minimum. The towels were thin and the pillows deflated. Breakfast skimpy. The check in woman was helpful but she was as uninteresting as the place. Stay here only if you really have to. Our next stop was at Quality and we got so much more.

Basically with Choice Privileges there is a grave inconsistency.

Room Tip: Pool in front of hotel get room in back.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dothan,AL
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Place is nasty. Waked into front door its a humid nasty stale smell. The staff for the most part is just there. They don't have any concern for the customer. When we checked in I was told room isn't ready its being cleaned. Thats cool no problem. We come back later that evening to get key. I get key and go to the room. Hallways are so hot and stuffy you can barely breath. The room we go into is hot,nasty smelling dirty dingy floors. I think hey its just the ac so we turn it on and up. We start to put our stuff down and I go to the bathroom. There is hair, dead bugs in the sink,pee on the toilet and stains in the tub. I then go and pull the cover back on the beds. There is blood stain on my sheets and the bed looks likes its about to fall in. My buddy pulls his back there is pubic hair and various stains all on his. I call downstairs and talked to the owner who was woken up by me calling he says he can switch room. I go down and talk to him about room. he says I can not keep track of how clean my workers clean the rooms and that its hard to get people to work. Explained to me he has worked at 33 different hotels in different states. I explained that is no excuse. He didn't care switched me but wasn't happy. We load up to go to another room. Same nasty smell, same dingy floors,same broken down worn out beds. ceiling in bathroom is peeling coming apart and looks horrible, dirt around the tub and in the tub looks like it hasn't been cleaned in a long time ac blows out a dingy old clothes smell. Food crumbs around the beds and looks to be a used wash cloth on the floor next to beds. We decide to leave the owner isn't helpful and the rooms are just to nasty to sleep in. DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL. Pay a little extra and get a different hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Enjoyinglife80
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This place is disgusting. We were exhausted and this was the third hotel we stopped at. The had jacked the prices up, the room smelled, dead bugs in the light fixtures, half the lights didn't work, the comforter had stains, the air/heat didn't work. When I called to complain, they offered an immediate discount (probably the normal cost of the room), then told them I wanted to check out, refused to refund my money. Finally fixed the ac, denied my discount, but it died about an hour later. Then upon check out I grabbed to danish on the way out and they said we don't serve breakfast until 6:30. She was not going to let us take the lousy $1 breakfast. We even bypassed the shower because it was so dirty. Oh, the walls, paper thin. So if you're a light sleeper better have ear plugs. I cannot even begin to accurately portray just how horrible this place is. I travel extensively, and will never stay at another econo lodge. Would rate a zero if I could. $35 hotels were cleaner. Definitely not worth $102 I paid. The mattress and pillows were old and worn. Very uncomfortable.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel to stay
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kyspiderguy
Escanaba
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I checked in on Thurs. Mar. 21, The first thing I asked the girl was do you have internet in all of the rooms. She told us they have WiFi and high speed internet. Since we were hungry, we brought our luggage in and then went out to eat. We got back to the room about 7:00p.m. After we settled in for the night, we found out the internet was not working. When I tried to call the front desk, no one answered. I had to go down to the front desk, the girl said the phone never rang. As it turned out, not only did the internet not work but I had to go down to the front desk three times because they had no phone service either.

The next morning the manager was there and I told him what happened, I said I should have been given compensation for the inconvenience. He told me I already got a good rate and he would not take anything off our bill. Then his wife poked her head out from the office door and said, "You can't ask for a refund after you stayed the night." I told them I was not looking for a refund, but I did not get what I paid for and I should have had something taken off of my bill. They basically said TO BAD!!

My husband and I travel frequently, and this was the first time I had ever asked for anything off of my bill. The manager and his wife were a poor excuse for running a business.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CEMENT CITY
Reviewed November 18, 2012

If you don't thoroughly check-out your room, you will not be given a refund if you come back after checking in/dinner etc., which I learned to my chagrin THREE times on this latest business trip. I start chronologically with The Brown's Ferry Econo-Lodge. The price drew me in. It was late, there a Hardees nextdoor...Room 213 had a bit of funk to it. I wasn't planning on staying long, so I hopped into bed, tossed back the duvay cover and saw a nasty looking blanket, then started wondering if the sheets had been changed in a while. Suffice it to say, I'd choose another hotel next trip. Coffee was bad. But they did have raisin bran...a bright note to an otherwise low quality visit. The price drew me in...once again, me trying to prove to my boss that I'm saving us money.

Room Tip: Look before you rent. If you have the key any longer than 5 minutes, you pay for the room whether y...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business