“Bad...avoid this one!!”

Ranked #58 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Hermosa Beach, California
“Bad...avoid this one!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We checked in last night and noticed the overly abundant smell of febreeze,which was not a bad thing.Then the night moved on.The bathrooms were litereally falling apart, the walls are peeling smears all over every glass that can have smears.We needed to find a plug for the computer and it was behind the bed.I wish I hadn't done that...Bugs food cigarette butts and other foreign items back there nestled in a bed of dust!!!Got the computer up only to find they had no internet so then I had to go to the office to get online.Then during the night came the SLAMMING of the doors...everytime someone close to my room went in or out of their room they slammed the door like they were mad! Startled me and my kids....The room was part of my rewards program payoff so I didnt use money, but I'd rather not have that kind of reward again!!! Oh I must say though...the guy who checked me in wins A++ for service as he was nice and did not have an attitude like the ladies in the AM seem to have!

Room Tip: For the best room go elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Honeybearacuda70

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Sign said "newly renovated rooms". My question is: which one?

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank Kbish1996
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 15, 2011

Yuck. Dirty, not recently renovated as sign says (probably put up in '80s and never taken down). Usually like Super 8, not this place.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daddw11
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed August 16, 2010

it was a great place, clean and the room was big for a family of 5. I will recommend this location to anyone. Graet place

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank OmarC3
Tennessee
Reviewed April 25, 2010

My husband & I had been on the road for a while heading to Georgia & were completely exhausted from driving, so we pulled over to this hotel to get a room for the night. The lady at the front desk was on the phone & would not hang up. After finally hanging up, I asked for a room. She said the computers were down & she wasn't giving rooms & probably wouldn't for a while, & then she picked the phone back up. She was so rude!! I knew she could tell we were tired & didn't even bother to apologize. Just because of that, I would not advise anyone to stay here. Poor customer service!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rach_0713
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 10, 2010

The motel was nice for the price. The room was in good condition, and the staff was friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank EmilyJoan82
Chicago, IL
Reviewed November 29, 2009

My wife and I stay at this Super 8 Location off Exit 1 and 75N as our half way point to Tampa, FL when we visit my family. I never have any problems with the staff and they are always nice and courteous. The location is off the highway and many restaurants and gas stations for all of our needs before we take off again or when we are coming in regardless of what time of the day or night. We will always stop here when we make our trips from Chicago to FL. We are planning to make a trip to Chattanooga this coming year to explore Rock City, Ruby Falls and the famous Tennessee Aquarium and will be a guest at the Super 8 East Ridge, TN.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rp0579
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chattanooga
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga - East Ridge
Quality Inn & Suites
#42 of 96 in Chattanooga
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Super 8 Chattanooga Lookout Mountain TN

Been to Super 8 Chattanooga/East Ridge? Share your experiences!