“Wonderful hotel with fantastic staff...extremely clean!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Dwell Hotel

The Dwell Hotel
Ranked #23 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
USA
“Wonderful hotel with fantastic staff...extremely clean!!!!!”
Reviewed January 25, 2006

This is a beautiful hotel that is more of an experience than just spending a night in a hotel. The rooms are decorated beautifully, but one in particular caught my eye and it wasn't the one I was originally assigned, but Fairis, whom I believe is over guest services, immediately suggested I switch. Every request I made (and I'm not an easy guest) was eagerly accommodated. Everyone I encountered at the hotel was friendly, professional and made me feel welcome. This hotel is a must see, even if you can't stay overnight. See if they will let you tour it. It's that gorgeous. And the breakfast included in the room rate is continental through the week, but it's like nothing I've had anywhere else. It was more like eating at a wonderful corner bakery.

The thing that stood out most to me above all else was housekeeping. My room was decorated in a black and white french toile theme and the floors were painted black. I walk around in my socks constantly. When I got ready to go to bed, I started to change my socks and was shocked to see that they were still as white as when I'd put them on. Now that's a clean floor! I never found anything below what I would consider extremely clean. The decor, the atmosphere, the food, Fairis and her staff...I'll stay at the Stone Fort any time I'm in Chattanooga. I'm not loaded, but this place is worth every penny. The Stone Fort is simply wonderful!!!!

• Stayed January 2006
3 Thank anise38

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 21, 2006

My husband and I stayed two nights at the StoneFort Inn. We had no problem finding the Inn based on their instructions on their website. Aaron checked us in and was very pleasant. He showed us around, explained breakfast procedures and took us to our room.

Parking was a breeze because on the weekends there is free parking on the street and in the small lot next door.

The room was very nice - decorated in florals and antiques. We had room 29 which is an exclusive balcony room. It is a larger room with a sitting area and huge bathroom. Bath had two person jacuzzi, separate walk-in shower and toilet closet. Nice Aveda bath products.

We paid extra to have breakfast in bed each morning. Breakfast was very good - we had things such as egg, spinach and cheese casserole, artichoke & bacon quiche, croissants, fruit, yogurt, cinnamon buns etc. They also brought up coffee and juice on a separate tray.

We had a wine and cheese reception the first night there which was your typical fare. Very nice atmosphere to sit in the leather chairs listening to great music while drinking wine/eating cheese.

Service was always very efficient and pleasant. There were cookies and fruit available for guests in the afternoons/evenings.

Now for the 'negatives' & why I gave them above average vs. excellent: the Inn is extremely noisy. The walls are thin and you could always hear if someone was moving about. We agreed that nobody could sneak up on you in that place! Also, the public rooms were rented out almost all day Saturday which meant you could not use them. We were there on rainy days and would have enjoyed use of their library or billiard room, but we could not go in them. I realize that they want to make additional money, but at $230 a night you would like to have your own use of them as well. Finally, the location is off the beaten path and is near some type of home or homeless shelter (not sure which). This is perfectly fine, however, it made you feel a little uncomfortable if you wanted to walk to Broad or Market Streets in the evening.

One last thing - I don't know if it is still the same owners. Also, their website indicates that everything but tax will be charged. Not that it is a big deal, but they actually charge everything up front when you make the reservation. Nathan's does not exist any longer from what we could tell.

All in all, it was a pleasant stay and we enjoyed ourselves. However, we are not sure that we will return.

• Stayed January 2006
4 Thank snwarf01
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 29, 2005

My husband and I recently took a much needed getaway just before Christmas. The Stonefort Inn located in downtown Chatanooga TN was the perfect place. The staff there were so friendly and helpful. The room was snug and beautiful and included a gas fireplace and a 2 person jet tub and french shower. Our room was decorated for Christmas with a tree and we were left a copy of It's a Wonderful Life - our favorite holiday special - to watch that night. The breakfasts in bed were relaxing and delicious. My favorite was the raspberry scones. The staff pampered us our whole stay with hot chocolate and fresh baked cookies and a romantic bath for 2 with votive candles and rose petals around the tub. They also arranged for us to take a horse and carriage ride around downtown Chatanooga and made our dinner reservations for us. We will definately be going back for more visits. What a wonderful B&B!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 5, 2005

We stayed at the Stonefort for our honeymoon and fell in love with this place! This is our first ever B&B and I'm afraid we have been spoiled from the scones to the friendly staff! We can't wait to come back for our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th....anniversaries! Thanks again Stonefort!

• Stayed November 2005