“Pleasant, Personable, and Perfectly Cool!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Dwell Hotel

The Dwell Hotel
Ranked #25 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
“Pleasant, Personable, and Perfectly Cool!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was the southern leg of a trip that started in Chicago, and we decided to stay at a smaller property and to check out the look and feel of this Inn after having been recommended by a friend. We came away very pleased and pleasantly surprised at the wonderful atmosphere and the creaky floors and the whole character of the establishment. If you can picture this old inn which has been renovated and then picture great employees who go out of their way to make the stay enjoyable, then picture a wonderful restaurant on the first floor with the city right outside the front door--well, then, that's a pretty accurate description. It was just a fun place to stay. I had read some of the other reviewers but thought they were harsh. This place cannot be impeccable just because it was built in 1909, but it's pretty close--and like I said, it's perfectly cool!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank william m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this place is top notch. They welcomed us with valet service and a handshake personal greeting. They had a wine and cheese hour going on when we arrived with piano accompaniment which was lovely. Our room was amazing. 4 poster Victorian bedding with a huge bathroom, shower and claw foot tub. Then to our surprise, a huge tub for two on the BALCONY! Yes, closed off for utmost privacy. Terramae restaurant is just downstairs for great fine dining and the strawberry/creams cheese croissants are divine for breakfast . Location is within 2 blocks of anything you want to do so walking is easy . I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. I have a new love

• Stayed June 2013
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our trip through Tennessee and were pleasantly surprised. It looks somewhat out of place in it's location in the city but it is a beautifully restored boutique hotel with a unique charm. Our room was huge and very comfortable with a small veranda and a small sitting area. Bed was a little soft for my liking but that can be a personal thing. Creaky floors and antique furniture just add to the overall impression. The buffet breakfast was outstanding with plenty of selection and variety

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sparkin07
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding with an entire wedding party, extended family etc. I believe
We took up the whole hotel. What a great experience! Excellent service especially at the restaurants downstairs! I don't think I made it down for the scheduled breakfast once and when I went downstairs and asked food options someone went into the fridge and pulled out leftovers for me. They just provided such an amazing personal touch that is so absent in the service industry today.

Rooms are quite large actually! They do vary quite a bit. I had your basic queen bed with all the normal amenities but I saw everything from fireplaces, tubs on balconies, large sitting rooms attached to the bedrooms etc. They had everything. The floors and beds are a little but that's something that normally bothers me and it did not here. It's kind of all part of the charm.

Room Tip: Do research on specifics of each room. Since I was here with a large group it was selected for me bu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lauren F
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have stayed here with my wife on several occasions using her name and address, and recently, felt compelled to write about the Inn. This Inn is charming, unique, very clean, spacious, does have creaky floors, has a great restaurant, has wonderfully charming employees who work tirelessly to make everyone's stay enjoyable, and is the best value in small boutique Inns anywhere that I have traveled! I just have stayed here enough times to know that this Inn is clean and comfortable with a historical look and feel. I like both floors -2 and 3--as the lobby and restaurant are on the first floor. The renovation has been tastefully done, and there is a new seating area just off the lobby that is perfect! Parking is convenient, and the breakfasts are ample and equally pleasing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shelby b
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here after learning about this Inn from eating at TerraMae from a previous visit to Chattanooga, and gave it a try. I found the Inn to be super clean and well maintained. The room has historic signifigance but was not expecting the Taj Mahal. I was pleased, traveling alone on this trip. The baths were spacious and clean, Plenty of good light to put on make up and there was a Robe, an Iron, and a hairdryer, all standard amenities, but nevertheless unexpected. The flat screen Tvs and the fast wifi was perfect for my needs. I love the restaurant. I will come back and recommend to my friends and co workers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sally h
Loganville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I like B&B's because we like the adventure of finding character and unique and the Stone Fort Inn did not disappoint.

It is in an old building in the business district, close to the electric shuttle, walking distance to the downtown attractions and lots of restaurants and so full of character. The floors are the original hardwood and creek with every step and are even a little slanted in spots. The renovations were done to show the original brick walls throughout.

The breakfasts were wonderful, staff very attentive and helpful.

Parking was limited but they have a fenced parking lot across the street that is very easy to get to and from.

If you love the adventure of an unusual find you will love the Stone Fort Inn. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2013