“Absoultely wonderful place for wedding reception!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Dwell Hotel

The Dwell Hotel
Ranked #23 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Absoultely wonderful place for wedding reception!”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

In early August 2011 my niece had her wedding reception at the Stone Fort Inn. We could not have asked for a better place! The set-up was beautiful - so many wonderful personal touches they provided. The staff was superb and the food they served was not only delicious, but was elegantly portrayed on each and every plate!

The sound system they let her utilize was wonderful and provided a great environment for them to cut loose and dance as the night went on.

I highly recomment the Stone Fort Inn for a wedding reception. It was a wonderful place and I just can't say enough about the staff! They were so accommodating and were genuine in their concern that her day was perfect!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Tifton, Georgia
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is a beautiful place with friendly people, full of gorgeous antique furniture. I regret not having time to sit downstairs to enjoy the atmosphere. The breakfast buffet was delicious & had lots of variety. The suite was lovely, my favorite part was the jacuzzi tub! They also had a beautiful, spacious tile shower that I wish was in my home! The bed was comfortable & soft. I only disliked 2 things about it: the bed was squeaky & the walls are thin. My advice, for a romantic stay, bring some mood music :-) I enjoyed my stay & if I ever return, I will more than likely stay here again (if my funds will permit)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 3, 2011

My wife and I decided to go to Chattanooga after Hurricane Irene prevented us from going to NYC and picked the Stone Fort for a two-night stay. This Inn is great and the staff is wonderful. The rooms are spacious and very clean and the bathrooms are large with a jacuzzi in each. The breakfast is well -prepared and professionally presented. Downtown Chattanooga's riverfront is exceptional with the Northshore shopping and restaurants terrific. We stayed in Room 20 and it has a small refrigerator and balcony.

Shaker Heights, Ohio
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Our stay at Stonefort Inn was icing on the cake for our 2 day visit to Chattanooga. The
101 year old Inn was charming, authentic, luxurious and extremely comfortable. There are many rooms to choose from, some with balconies, cheerfully painted and each appointed with comforting antiques, yet modern plumbing. Bryan and the staff including James and Dee were most helpful in suggesting great restaurants and things to do. Weekday breakfasts included fresh fruit and yogurt, flakey croissants, homemade white chocolate/ berry scones and always a choice of either eggs and bacon or quiche of the day. We heard that Bryan 's weekend breakfast fare is not to be missed, but alas, we had to hit the road.

Room Tip: The Inn's website is an accurate account of what rooms are available.
Atlanta
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Once again, TripAdvisor came through with customer-satisfaction based reviews. I always go to TripAdvisor first when planning an excusion, and the reviews for the Stone Fort Inn were spot on. This lovely old hotel is so special. My husband commented that he could picture antebellum women descending the stairway in their hoop skirts! The rooms are beautiful and the bathrooms are outfitted with fantastic towels and nice Aveda supplies. Every detail, from the cookies set out in the evening, to the delicacies on the weekend brunch buffet, were amazing! I highly recommend the Stone Fort Inn.

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor, which offered a quiet secluded location!
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed August 25, 2011

The Stone Fort Inn is a quaint bed and breakfast. My wife and I stayed one weekend night as a getaway from the kids. We were in Room 25 and the accommodations were fairly good.
Pros - Large room, jacuzzi on the balcony, bedding was comfortable. We ordered Sunday morning breakfast delivered to our room and it was excellent. Everyone at the Inn are very kind.
Cons - The balcony is a bit mis- leading, there isn't a view at all and it's small. The actual mattress wasn't comfortable and the bed was very squeaky; and the a/c unit leaked.

Not sure we will go back, but it was worth trying it out versus staying at the same ol' hotels.

2 Thank tskstaplet
Reviewed August 21, 2011

After reading so many positive reviews about this Inn, I picked it for a one day one night visit to chatanooga with my husband. We have stayed in many Bed and Breakfasts and small inns both in the US and abroad. This place left much to be desired. First of all the parking situation is a problem. You need to pull up to the front door,.give them your bags, get a parking pass and drive around the block to park. You then need to turn in the parking pass because they don't have enough to let you keep it while you are there. So each time you need to park your car you need to go through this routine...rather inconvenient.
The bed was very soft and not comfortable. I felt like I was sleeping on a mushy pillow.
It would have been nice to have at least one small baggage stool for us to open up our
suitcase. Finally this place is very overpriced for what you get.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 30. We had to close the bathroom door so the light from outside wouldn't shine...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
greathouse46, Manager at The Dwell Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
We’re very sorry you were disappointed with your stay. We work very hard to make sure every guest is more than satisfied with their experience at the Inn.

Our parking is secure (requiring a pass) and just a brief one block walk from the front door. I think this is comparable in time to most downtown parking situations which are either in an associated parking garage or nearby lot. We always do whatever is necessary to make sure baggage handling is not burdensome, typically assisting curbside, right at the front door. Many people consider this appealing.

Bed firmness is a very personal issue and most of our guests believe our bedding is quite comfortable as you can see from the majority of our reviews. I’m sorry it did not suit you.

Not all of our rooms have baggage carts but we do have a large desk that is often used for that purpose in the room.

Finally, our pricing is very comparable to similar properties in downtown Chattanooga and we offer a personal experience not to be found in most Inns or hotels. We always try to do whatever is possible to ensure a wonderful experience. Our 100 year old Inn is filled with charm and grace and many wonderful amenities. It seems as if the stars were just not aligned properly to allow you to enjoy them.

We’re disappointed that you found things disappointing enough to give us such a poor rating. I guess even when you try your best, it is not always possible to please everyone. We are thankful that most of our guest consider our Inn and service a great experience.

James Greathouse, Inn Keeper